Chapter 66: The Proposal

I just had a livestream about BL with my fujoshi friend so this update is kinda late... I posted the video along with this chapter so you can see the whole VOD but for those interested only about BL stuff, I will edit it into a shorter form and announce when it's up.

So even the demon monarch needed a companion. This wasn't the first time that rumors about a lover of the King circulated in Suliang. But all the other rumors were crushed without mercy except this one.

In fact, it was so widely known now and there were even different works of art depicting the mysterious lover.

But how did this relate to Head Mo?

A sly laugh escaped the middle-aged man's throat. It was too good to be true.

"Then you have made a decision?" Madam Lian prompted.

"Well, yes. In fact, I have drafted out the proposal for her Highness." Mo Quan produced a stack of papers from his bosom.

Madam first read through it before handing it to Wangye with an amused smile. She wondered how her disciple would take this.

Long Xu Le took it but the more she read, the colder the frost that crept around her.

The fragile papers that could be torn at any moment were surprisingly stable in her hands. Mo Quan was amazed at the King's self-control. He imagined her Highness was seething inside.

Only to be disappointed when the corners of the King's lips arched. Even her peach blossom eyes curved. It was one of her most radiant smiles.

"To prepare for the Prince's wedding, the fairest Beauty from Tanglin, Gentleman Feng, is invited to help sew the wedding dress."

Silence reigned as her velvet voice further read. "This is also a sign of goodwill between the Imperial Long and the Mo family."

Feng Yanyan was horrified at every word that came out of her mouth. What did that mean? He was going to be taken hostage?

Long Xu Le looked at Head Mo. "Mo Quan needs more lessons in etiquette. Feng Yanyan is still unmarried and therefore it isn't appropriate to attend this kind of thing."

All the mirth disappeared and the proposal was met with disapproval immediately. The rare words that came out of her mouth were thinly veiled insults.

Beauty Feng heaved a sigh of relief.

But would Head Mo stop there? He was like a crocodile with prey in its jaws. "The King is misunderstanding something. The culture of our tribe is to let the maidens of the village help the bride craft her wedding dress. Surely, your Highness won't disrespect this culture?"

It was getting harder for Feng Yanyan to keep up his façade of a graceful mei ren. No, he wanted to beat up this old bastard.

What was his correlation to this wedding and why was he getting dragged?

Even though he wasn't smart, he knew the implications of this proposal. This wedding was political, it didn't matter if this Mo family was unknown. There were probably secrets behind the scenes.

And his beautiful face was being used as collateral. It looked like Wangye couldn't outright refuse too. This Mo family was very sus.

And she... Her Highness wanted this wedding to happen no matter what.

Damn, should he be the good guy and spend some days with these yakuza-looking people?

The way Long Xu Le secretly gripped his waist let him know that she didn't want this. Oddly enough, that satisfied him.