Chapter 95: True Bones

This author has something to say: In one of my profile posts, I already told you what I want hehe~ Here we finally meet Yanyan's greatest fear. 

The yard of Zhongqing had ancient trees framing the back but the scenery was hidden by thick and high walls. This was part of the reason why the spies sent in this place still had a hard time getting information.

They could only linger in the side halls. The main residence was tightly protected by Her Highness' most loyal subordinates. Only the highest ranked court ladies and eunuchs could enter.

A set of marble benches and table stood aloof in the courtyard. If Wangye was in the mood, she would go out here to read. But the servants hadn't seen the King going here for a while now.

Wan Li Wang only frequented the places where Beauty Feng would be.

The go board on the marble table was abandoned.

Right at this moment, the wind blew and stirred the low hanging branches of the trees in the courtyard. A hand suddenly moved a piece of the board.

Shing!

The sound of cold weapons being drawn disturbed the night. 

"Just this number?" It was a candid question, not at all threatened by the countless blades pointed at him. 

Inside the chambers, Long Xu Le was combing the sleeping Feng Yanyan's hair but paused. She subconsciously looked at the direction of the back garden.

The mei ren was curled up beside her. Even in his sleep, he was flushed and satisfied like a cat. Too bad, Long Xu Le could only glimpse the shape of his face.

He might have noticed her blindness. She could fake it in front of the servants and outsiders but he was the one who spent the most time with her. The King was bound to slip every now and then.

But Feng Yanyan didn't ask. He would only pause and be more clingy and affectionate. There was a tacit understanding between them.

Tomorrow was his birthday. No, the moment the sun rose was his birthday. If she didn't put a sleeping tonic to the water she handed him after they made love tonight, he would probably refuse to sleep. Xu Le's face was grim. She rose from the bed and grabbed a thick overcoat.

It would snow soon.

Her Highness walked straight like it was broad daylight but in fact, she only relied on her good memory. Chief Eunuch Cheng was meticulous in arranging the residence such that there would be no clutter and everything would be the same as how she last pictured it to be.

"Retreat."

Danwan's elite guards obeyed but didn't dare to go very far. The intruder looked very old but his strength was unfathomable.

The imposing King stood under the eaves. Her momentum was no less than when she could still properly see.

Just like how she sensed, there was a person quietly playing go by himself under the ancient tree. She could make out the person's white hair but couldn't see any distinct features. It was like everything was vague and blurred.

She had an idea about the person's identity. Two weeks ago, there was an unconfirmed report that the Feng patriarch entered Suliang. That was why she heightened the security of the palace. Who would have thought that doing that was useless?

The Feng family was giving her surprise after surprise.

"Xuxu, your health isn't good."

Long Xu Le could hear a smile in those words.