Chapter 97: Grandfather-Granddaughter

Some more answers ahead~

"Prime Minister is visiting so late. His Majesty is resting already."

The woman was still bound with endless glory. As though all the blessings of the world were concentrated on her.

With her hair coiled up delicately on top of her head and her golden Phoenix dress, there was no doubt. She was the Mother of this realm.

Sat in front of her but a few steps below was an old scholar with his ramrod-straight posture. His head, while slightly bowed, denoted pride and resilience.

No one would have imagined that the Imperial Court had been in the palm of this seemingly benevolent senior.

Prime Minister Yao sported a weak smile. "The dragon body is most important. It's enough that Her Majesty answered this lowly official's request for an audience."

Never going over the line of propriety, just and stern. That was why the Dalong Dynasty admired and worshipped the Prime Minister.

Empress laughed in good nature. Her attitude and demeanor befitting the highest-ranked woman in the nation. If one watched their interaction without knowing the ins and outs of palace dynamics, one wouldn't suspect that the two were a grandfather-granddaughter pair.

They were the perfect image of a master and minister relationship. After all, the current reign promoted official duties before familial relations.

"If Prime Minister is worried about the situation over there, rest assured. Everything will go according to plan. If the first doesn't push through, there is the second and the third, and so on. The end result will be the same." Wisps of steam from the newly steeped tea hovered over the Empress' face.

The Prime Minister couldn't hold back his smile anymore. Raising this granddaughter was the greatest deed he had done in his life.

Yao Ducheng inherited his wits and his wife's beauty. Everywhere in the empire, the masses sang Wan Li Wang's name. Those who knew that the King was a woman admired her even more. But they never knew the real capabilities of the one sitting above them.

The one who incited the Hu Ren Kings to band together. Manipulated everything behind the scenes to make siblings turn against each other. Took advantage of people's weaknesses and their beloved. All of those came from this child's intricate mind.

But still, Prime Minister sighed. "If that year, this lowly official didn't discover the eldest prince wanted to take his sister to be his wife..."

If only, they were more direct and just killed the siblings instead of letting them soak in their immorality, they wouldn't have discovered Long Xu Le's ruthlessness. She actually plotted against her full-blooded brother and murdered him.

The Danwan Troops wouldn't have been born. And this thorn called Wan Li Wang would have been nipped in the bud.

"Grandfather, what are you saying? The past is past. The old Emperor's corrupt reign is over. Aren't we doing everything we can to right the predecessor's wrong? Such a foul family was never meant to be the light of this realm."

All they did was light the fire that was the eldest prince's desire. He was the one who held amorous feelings for his sister. Full-blooded sister. Who knew he was that insane to continue the bloodline of the former Emperor and Crown Prince?

Thinking up to that, Yao Ducheng also couldn't help but press her lips together. Who would also have known that the weak and sickly gongzhu could rise from the ashes like a real phoenix?

Real phoenix.

She wanted to spit and get rid of that thought.

The last of the Long clan were meant to bite each other like dogs. Wasn't that what Her Majesty was witnessing now?