Chapter 8: Translucent Thread

Media: I can't find any translucent thread image smh
https://pin.it/4rRl6pQ

Long Xu Le had long heard of a commotion. Someone was shouting to chase a beetle. But she paid no mind.

She was only here to practice martial arts. Everyone inside this palace knew not to disturb her. Wearing dark robes, she seemed to blend in with the night.

Even if her face could be said to touch the realm of immortals, she danced like a demonic spirit. Fully absorbed in this dangerous swing. Every strike was fierce and the air whistled after getting cut mercilessly.

Her expression had long casted away the distant frost, there was only intimidation and harsh dominance. This was what the soldiers on the battlefield would last see if they faced her.

Long Xu Le was immersed but she still sensed someone rushing over to where she was. She had no choice but to halt her actions. Her whole being went back to her usual reticent behavior.

Just as she guessed, soon, a youth ran into her. She just stood there as she was waiting for the fool who wanted to die early. Never did she think that he even had the audacity to scream and fall.

She caught him but the young man didn't know how to stand on his own. A trace of annoyance flashed on her otherwise blank face.

"Stand properly."

A familiar face. But she couldn't remember where she saw him.

A maidservant arrived too but Long Xu Le ignored her. After greeting and standing for a while, the man fell to the ground.

Too weak.

Looking at him as if he didn't dare to look up, his eyelashes kept trembling in fear. And his lips pouted as though he was about to cry.

This was the first time he met such a weak man. But his scared face was indeed pleasant to look at.

She easily grabbed the insect on her robes. "Look up."

The young man frowned. Long Xu Le sneered.

Reluctant to look at me?

She took off her outer sash and he finally met her gaze, only to widen his eyes at her actions.

What the hell is she doing? Is the gender only swapped but the traits are the same? Will I lose my chastity tonight?

Feng Yanyan's thoughts raced. One over the other.

But then, a beetle was tossed near him. His beetle! He was about to scoop it up from the ground when...

Bang!

The beetle was squashed to death by a sash. Wan Li Wang whipped it using her sash and it even made a crunching sound.

Feng Yanyan scurried away from the spot. It was only inches away from him. He could have been hit!

His eyes started to tear up. Damn it. This lady was ruthless!

"Bring him back. Next time, the one who will be whipped to death is you." A voice without fluctuation sounded out.

Pu Tao gritted her teeth. She knew the truth of this warning very well. "Forgive this servant. Thanking wangye for your kindness."

It was fortunate that she was a well trained palace maid. Even faced with extreme emotions, Pu Tao only lost her composure for a bit.

If the old momo who taught them saw this, she would still get scolded.

On the other hand, Beauty Feng, who never had experienced this kind of thing, was quivering like a scared chicken. He could still feel the force behind that hit and how a gust of wind hit his face when it landed.