Chapter 59: Reflections and Candied Cherry

Xiao Hao looked at the three boys he raised.

All of them were proficient in fighting but there were other areas they needed to learn if they really wanted to aid the Xu Le.

"Chen, you were told to stay so you can grasp how to deal with the old foxes of the neutrals. And apply this political knowledge when you go back to the outer districts. We aren't always going to be at war. So you need to temper yourself and curb your eccentric personality. Words should be used in par with actions ."

In short, he should try not randomly beat people up after finding out their suspicious deeds. It was better to put people on trial under Suliang's law.

Xiao Hao started enumerating the reasons for wangye's decision.

He feared that if he didn't, more misfortunes would pile up the front door like what happened today. Turning to his son, his face was even more grim.

"A'Bao, you were given a bigger responsibility to see if you could take them on and inherit my position in the future. The way that you are now left too many things to be satisfied. You should reflect on the mistakes you made and report to me."

Xiao Hao sighed. "You know... you can't be in this place just because you're my son. If another person proves to be more capable, they can take the mantle no doubt."

At these words, Xiao Bao sat straighter. He couldn't complain because it couldn't be any truer.

Wangye looked at people's merits, not their connections. It was evident from the council she built. There were people from all walks of life. A foreigner, generals, merchants, there was even a former prostitute among them.

What was important to the King was the things they could bring to the table.

As long as someone was useful, they would be rewarded accordingly.

If Xiao Bao was confirmed to be a mistake, he doubted if he could even stay beside the Prince.

The young man felt a hand over his shoulder. Long Sangyu encouraged him. "It's alright, you can still make up for the mistakes."

But Xiao Hao also had a few things for the prince.

"Yu'er, what you need to find out now is how to choose the right people to trust and manage them. We will know in a few months if you three are successful in your assigned jobs."

The prince might have missed some important meaning behind those words.

Xiao Hao didn't halt and dragged Xiao Bao for a personal talk. Su Chen stood up and stationed himself just outside the King's chamber menacingly. It looked like he would personally keep vigil there for the rest of the night.

With the Governor-General there, Zhongqing suddenly looked like it was in a war camp.

Long Sangyu was left to his thoughts. On the way here, he was itching to see his sister and maybe land a few punches to that Adrina. But now, she was probably having a much needed rest.

And upon hearing the conversation between A'Bao and Feng Yanyan, he had something else to think about.

Feng Yanyan spoke of his sister like he'd known her forever. Some of these words were something not even he, the brother, could get out of his mouth.

"...in this world, the only person she could trust fully is herself."

Did that mean da jie couldn't even trust him, her brother, easily? Well, it was apparent that he didn't know what the King was up to all the time. He could barely read her next move.