Chapter 37: Demon God

Media source: https://pin.it/3v3Nu83

Good day/night to all of you!

Feng Yangzhi caught his forehead with his palm. He already had a feeling that his cousin wasn't aware of anything. But to be forced to explain everything to him was still a burden to his mind.

He heard that Feng Yanyan stayed in Zhongqing courtyard for a month and he didn't even ask for news about Long Tang?!

Well, it was something only his fifth cousin would do. If it was any other Feng brother, Long Tang would barely be able to escape from their retaliation. If they couldn't beat her up themselves, she would probably end up in a worse state.

Too bad, the kid was still under the protection of Wangye despite having lost her title.

"You mean she's not a princess anymore?" Feng Yanyan gasped in amazement at his cousin's words.

Of course, he was unaware of the killing intent Feng Yangzhi was trying to hide while relating the events that happened. How Long Tang wasn't a Junzhu anymore, how her servants were kicked out of the palace and how she moved to an inferior courtyard.

The older cousin still had a temper. The only one who didn't know how Feng family valued Feng Yanyan was Feng Yanyan himself. It was unforgivable that he was treated that way while he was outside the protection of the clan.

But Feng Yangzhi never would have imagined the things that followed the incident. The spoiled princess fell off her high horse. He was quite sure the King wouldn't slight her adoptive daughter just for a stranger but it still happened.

Meanwhile, Feng mei ren shuddered.

It was odd. He thought that maybe there were other reasons for Long Tang to lose her Junzhu title. Remembering how Long Tang was described in the book, Feng Yanyan realized the reason for King Wan Li's extreme decision. Her Highness probably couldn't let a little goblin like that to exist beside her.

So that was why his fourth cousin told her there was no use for revenge anymore. The kid was already in hell compared to her affluent life before.

Pinching his nose in frustration, he understood that what happened last time was a misunderstanding. He didn't know how to apologize for the fuss he made.

Plak!

"Ah!" Feng Yanyan yelled in pain while clutching his forehead.

Feng Yangzhi finally couldn't bear it and flicked the space above his brows. "You know you aren't made to think too much so don't overuse your brain or it might melt."

The man with a bear-like physique sat in front of him.

"There isn't a day that grandfather doesn't think of you. In terms of intelligence and strength, you're the weakest among us brothers and sisters. Do you know that he blames me and da ge every time I go home?"

He started complaining as he seethed.

"That we should have stopped you no matter what. That you won't survive in the palace. That we should have chained you instead. Or that First Uncle should have married you off at 16. Ah, his words keep getting worse, alright."

Feng Yangzhi paused to look at him.

"Little Fifth, believe it or not, Grandfather cares for you. Otherwise, I would still be up north braving the icy winds. So all you have to do now is live well and pray that you won't meet Grandfather in his foul mood."