Chapter 28: Concubines

Media: Liu Weiwei https://pin.it/3R8FP0U

Spring was passing and summer was about to be ushered in. The whole Wan Li palace was starting to be suffused with the sweltering heat.

Was Beauty Feng affected?

Of course not.

Our Feng Yanyan was fed and clothed in Zhongqing courtyard. Every corner of his room had ice and there was the trio of palace maids who waited on him. He spent his days in affluence as though the King was trying to appease him with the utmost comfort they were giving.

But it felt like a prison. What should have been his few days' stay became a month.

No one expressed that he wasn't allowed to go out but the whole place was littered with strong palace momo. Even as much as glancing at the gate would warrant a glare from them so he didn't dare make trouble.

Unbeknownst to him, the other beauties sent by the Tanglin Great Palace were green with envy. No one knew how Beauty Feng managed to catch Wangye's attention.

He suddenly ended up residing in Zhongqing courtyard. Who wouldn't feel a sting in their hearts?

Whatever power move brother Feng did, they wanted to do it too!

This went to show the whole wangfu still wasn't aware of Long Tang's demotion. Long Xu Le wasn't planning on requesting the official demotion until she swept every Yao in Suliang.

The beauties and other servants of the palace only knew gentleman Feng managed to impress wangye so much that she directly kept him in Zhongqing.

The beauties sent by the palace were still scared of the ruthless King but that didn't mean they weren't willing to try their hand at seducing her. And here was Feng Yanyan, the only person who stayed in Zhongqing courtyard for so long.

What did this mean?

Even if this seducer didn't get a title now, he was still the only person close to wangye. Sooner or later, he might be named.

One also had to admire and fear Feng Yanyan's skills. Truly extraordinary.

While the outside had all kinds of speculations, the protagonist of the rumors didn't even see a shadow of the infamous King after that day she barged into his room.

"I'm bored to death!" The beauty almost threw the book he was holding but remembered this wasn't his property.

JuZi walked into the room at the sight of Feng Yanyan's messy hair and tousled robes.

"Young master, need this servant remind you that the momo might see you again in this state?"

The fragile figure froze and abruptly sat up in perfect posture.

It was a discernible improvement ever since JuZi met him. Back then, he would only display flawless demeanors when outside. It was true that the momo of Zhongqing courtyard were the most efficient at teaching palace etiquette.

The servants were also at ease that Feng Yanyan was recuperating quietly. He didn't kick a fuss about seeing Junwang. It looked like he was really traumatized by what happened.

No one knew the disgust that was growing in young master Feng's heart.

"Jiaojiao," came Feng Yanyan's sweet call from the lounge chair.

The younger maid was used to it by now.

"Yes, young master."

The beauty narrowed his eyes with his lips puckered.