Chapter 85: Plans Change

Few things changed in Zhongqing Courtyard. Even though Junwang left a while back, it didn't make a lot of waves and ripples.

If any, the servants working in Zhongqing seemed to have doubled.

This should have been good news but Long Xu Le didn't see it as such.

The rats in the palace had become even braver now that she was alone. But they could never infiltrate to the core of Zhongqing.

It was a quiet night.

After hunting down all the cult members for seven days and nights, the King's coat didn't change color. But her subordinates had a rough idea how much blood it soaked.

Her Highness dealt with the higher-ups of the Black Crow cult alone and wouldn't let them interfere no matter what. As such, they also didn't know what information the King had learned.

Just as Long Xu Le entered her yard, rain fell. It was abrupt and heavy. The lamps outside the shield of the corridor roof were extinguished.

She raised a hand that had long turned the color of rust. Slowly, the endless drops of rain peeled that color away. She closed her eyes.

Wangye stood under the rain raising her head.

The blood on her hair, face, hands, and clothes was being washed away. It joined the rainwater flowing to the soil, therefore becoming unknown. Wasn't it convenient?

Just like that, the figure clad in black stood in the yard under the unceasing rain. The warm light sheltered by the winding corridors wasn't too far from her. And yet, if one looked from a distance, it seemed she was worlds apart.

Soon, she heard footsteps crunching the wet soil. The sound of rain didn't impede her hearing at all.

Kshhhh!

Lightning was immediately followed by thunder.

"Xu Le, let's go inside." Xiao Hao knew the King's outstanding capabilities.

But she hadn't slept for seven nights straight. Right now, she looked like a single stalk of grass barely being blown by the wind.

In the palace, no one wanted her Highness to get sick. But only a few people had the right and guts to approach her.

"Xiao Hao..." Long Xu Le opened her mouth but couldn't find the right words.

The things she discovered... She never knew she could still be shocked. What a joke this was. Her life was really a joke.

The Feng family and the Yao family...

For a second, her vision dimmed and she suddenly swayed.

"Xu Le!" Xiao Hao was really panicking now.

But Wan Li raised a hand to stop him.

He had no choice but to kneel under the rain. "Master, please."

For the sake of the throne. For the sake of the world. Please be strong.

That was what he wanted to say but he could only squeeze out two words.

These two words were echoed once somewhere. And then countless voices followed.

"Master, please!"

Long Xu Le's sharp peach blossom eyes swept to her surroundings.

Behind Xiao Hao, Danwan's elite forces were also kneeling. Her personal guards.

And under the shelter of the corridors, Cheng Gong and all the loyal servants of Zhongqing were solemnly kowtowing.