Chapter 7: Beetle and the Butterfly

Media: https://pin.it/45jSb6g

Boohoo.

Feng Yanyan sulked inside his new courtyard. Liu momo left for the capital earlier. They were now alone to fend for themselves.

"Zizi, am I ugly?" he asked with a dramatic flair. Tears almost fell from his eyes.

When the servant, JuZi, heard this for the first time, she felt so distressed. How could this young master be ugly? If he was ugly, then JuZi was just some random snot on the wall.

But she heard this question for the hundredth time tonight and the magic didn't work on her like the first time.

Hearing no reply, Feng Yanyan turned to the next person. "Taotao, am I ugly?"

The younger girl only pursed her lips.

"Huh, you're all not answering me. It must be because I'm ugly. Jiaojiao, am I ugly?" He clutched the youngest maid's skirt. As if saying she was the only redemption he had left.

Surely, young girls couldn't bear to see his tears?

But Jiao ignored him.

These ungrateful girls! They were so mesmerized by him yesterday. Did his beauty's effect have an expiration date? He grew more depressed.

Because of him, these three who belonged to unranked palace maids soared through the heavens. Ju Zi was promoted to the first rank while Pu Tao and Jiao were upgraded to 2nd rank. Feng Yanyan's narcissistic trait made him ignore the part that the three originally belonged to to the special unit of palace maids waiting to be named. 

In short, they were trained to be ranked maidens. They weren't random mushrooms from the ground because they had been drilled by the old palace momo since young. If they weren't assigned to Feng Yanyan, they could have even been groomed to be servants of future heirs in the palace.

"Young master... why are you even asking such questions?" JuZi couldn't hold back anymore.

"Well..." Feng Yanyan pouted. About to cry again. "Well, because my courtyard wasn't named by His Highness. He doesn't like me at all."

The three girls could more or less guess this reason.

Jiao sighed. "Favors must always be equal."

Pu Tao nodded. "Young master received a bigger house. Therefore, his Highness named Young master Zhang's courtyard."

Feng Yanyan paused. Was that it?

He suddenly stood up. "What did you say? How much bigger is my courtyard?"

He grasped Pu Tao's hands. Feng Yanyan's face hovered over hers and her cheeks reddened.

She was almost blinded. A bright forehead and shining eyes. Puffed cheeks and red lips. A flower was painted near the end of his right lower eyeline, nestled on his cheek.

JuZi saw her fumbling sister and had to pry Feng Yanyan away from her.

"Young master, if it was anyone else, this servant would think Pu Tao is being attacked."

Feng Yanyan huffed and puffed.

"Beauty Zhang's residence only has one side hall and no kitchen."

Hearing this, Feng Yanyan halted all his actions. His eyes widened and his lips hooked up in a sultry smile. 

His courtyard had two small side halls aside from the main chamber. He had a small kitchen for tea and heating bathwater and a cute garden outside.

"Hehe." His little fangs were visible as he grinned from ear to ear.