Chapter 6: Rewards

Media: https://pin.it/2b4bIWY

A few days later...

As a guest from the Great Palace, it was only proper etiquette to hold a farewell banquet for Liu momo. If the person who visited included a prince or princess, it would be a huge banquet.

But since it was a trusted aide of the Empress, the feast was relatively small. Junwang only invited close generals, local officials and their wives.

If not for Long Tang's persuasion, his Highness wouldn't let her enter the banquet hall. She was the only lady who wasn't of age yet.

The event was rather intimate and these people were familiar with the Junzhu.

"This servant sees that wangye is still busy." Liu momo was seated near Long Sangyu.

Junwang held his wine cup. "Wangye had to go to Jiu the other day to attend to some matters. This prince was assigned to accommodate momo. Should I slight you, you can always complain to wangye."

"This servant won't dare. Your Highness already gave me the honor of this banquet. It's this servant's fortune."

It was easily seen how Junwang held Wan Li Wang in high regard. Even though they were siblings, he never called the King familiarly in public.

Liu momo's smile was kind and had an elderly charm. Only she knew that she wanted to scold Junwang for telling her to complain to Wan Li Wang. She shuddered as she remembered Wan Li's last visit to the Great Palace.

Armor reeking blood even though it looked clean and sword chipped with cutting thousands of men. Under the helmet, the eyes seemed to glow.

Bowing to the Empress and the Emperor but Wan Li seemed looking down on them.

This old woman didn't want to suffer a heart attack while seeing Wan Li Wang again. Wherever the Highness went, just stay there and don't see this old servant!

Meanwhile, the beauties were sitting among themselves and being admired from afar by the madams. Indeed, people raised in the palace were different.

Every move was refined and disciplined. Too bad they were all sent here in this wangfu.

In the capital, Wan Li Wang's name was synonymous with being lecherous. Here in Suliang, wangye was a god among men. A terrible demon god. Unforgiving, merciless, and omnipotent. If these beauties made a wrong move, only the worst of death awaited them.

The time for toasting wine came and a servant went to Feng Yanyan's table. At this point, our Beauty Feng was racking his little brain on how to approach Junwang.

He didn't expect that a chance would be delivered right to his table.

"Young Master Feng is called by his Highness to pour wine for Liu momo."

When he heard this, his face blossomed into a cheeky smile.

"This one obeys." Sweeping his gaze to his peers triumphantly, he almost flew to where the momo sat.

Everyone saw a young man wearing peach-colored hanfu. The bottom piece was pleated and embroidered with a single branch and flower. The overcoat had the character Yan on its sleeve.

It was an odd color to be worn by a man. And yet it looked pleasing to the eye.

His hair which was thick and lustrous was bound by a cream-colored jade coronet. And hanging from behind his left ear was a strand braided down to his shoulders. A unique sight indeed.