Chapter 84: Summer Rain

Feng Gezhi rushed to the Mo mansion after hearing about the attempted assassination. He didn't even care about imposing on the imperial in-laws anymore and requested to enter the rear yard where his wife and son were.

Mo Quan didn't hinder him. He was a father too after all. He understood the gravity of the situation.

When he entered the door to the residence, he found Feng Yanyan sleeping roughly on the side of the bed clutching his mother's hand tight. His cheeks were flushed and there were still tear marks on his face.

Most fathers, if they saw their son like this, would be furious and might even kick them out of the house. But Feng Gezhi sighed in relief. Thank the heavens he wasn't hurt.

"You suffered." He turned to his wife who was also studying their youngest.

Su Jian gestured to the side hall and gently lifted her hand from Feng Yanyan's grasp.

"Those weren't from the normal jianghu sects." She opened when they were finally alone.

The girl, JuZi, was outside so they could talk freely.

Feng Gezhi nodded. "Cult."

Viciousness flashed on Madam Feng's face. "The cults are provoking the Master?"

Who this master was... the Feng family swore allegiance to only one person. Wan Li Wang.

"It seems the arrangement concerning the fifth wasn't hidden well."

What he couldn't voice out was that it seemed to be deliberate. Eldest Master Feng knew the dangers of serving a Lord, however, Feng Yanyan had always been the reverse scale of the Feng family.

It was still awkward that the little fifth was schemed on by the master they chose. But this was inevitable since only the fifth young master was here in Suliang. Only he was perfect to be used as pawn.

Silence filled the room. Of course, Su Jian understood the underlying meaning.

Feng Gezhi took his wife's hand and examined the wounds on her face and body. There were crude injuries and some would probably leave some scars. "Why are you so cruel to yourself?"

With Madam Feng's abilities, it was impossible to suffer this much loss with just a few jianghu people. So he knew these were self-inflicted.

"I was agitated. It's been a while." She smiled but then her brows furrowed. "Three were caught alive and are being interrogated. I won't let San He Hui touch them in the meantime. You go talk to Head Mo and Junwang about this."

Eldest Master Feng was distressed. Since Feng Yanyan was born, his madam was focused on taking care of the sickly child. But he was still relieved. It seemed she hadn't lost her touch.

Both husband and wife had a tacit understanding. Feng Yanyan was not aware of the things his parents could do.

"How are they?" Feng Gezhi gestured to the windows, referring to the Feng guards disguised as Wangye's.

"These kids are fine. Appropriate to accompany the little fifth."

She was satisfied with the guards' strength. They were unfazed during the enemy attack and systematically followed her as the leader even if it was a last-minute arrangement.

For that, Madam Feng was reassured that her son would be safe even without her.

Eldest Master Feng nodded in satisfaction. They were surprised by this turn of events but it didn't mean they weren't ready.

The Feng family might soon bare their fangs.

---

Summer rain.