Chapter 92: Something Fishy

Still away on a trip. I'm in the mountains so it's difficult to get network reception, hence the late update. Gomen!

The stillness of Wan Li Wangfu returned after a day of nerves and excitement.

But soon, some discovered something strange. Feng Yanyan's courtyard had been devoid of life for days.

Those who wanted to visit didn't see him and were informed he wasn't there. When asked where Beauty Feng was, no one answered.

But wasn't it obvious?

That day, where else would Wangye take him? Zhongqing courtyard of course!

Then this meant that Her Highness didn't let him go back and he was still staying there. If it was still vague before, it was evident now.

Wan Li Wang favored Beauty Feng just like how it was expected by the Empress.

Who would tell them that the mei ren that was favored in their eyes was still throwing a tantrum at the King?

Every day, the servants of Zhongqing seemed to open their eyes to a new world.

Gentleman Feng didn't want to eat? Wangye would personally feed him.

Gentleman Feng wanted to leave? Wangye would coax him.

Gentleman Feng didn't want the pain medicine? Wangye would watch him.

It was simply too unsightly! Wangye was giving in to Beauty Feng's all whims.

Just like today.

The King held Feng Yanyan's ankle and checked the burns on his foot. These were from when the mealbox fell directly at his feet. The cloth shoes helped block the hot food but still burned his feet a bit.

Her Highness personally applied the ointment. This was already the limit to what she could do. After all, the little fool would complain if she dared to put the ointment on his other injury. (On his butt)

The burns were healing nicely but he would still twitch in pain every now and then. So she had to hold his ankle firmly.

These past few days had tested Long Xu Le's patience again and again but she was still tolerant. After all, she admitted that she had wronged the little fool.

If she didn't ignore him for so long, no one would have dared to do this. She was to be blamed for his injuries.

After gently wiping the ointment, Feng Yanyan saw Wangye still holding his foot, seeming to be at a loss. He was unconsciously wiggling his toes and Her Highness was watching it.

He was leaning on some pillows so he could perfectly see the King's face. Suddenly, he stopped his toes from moving.

Don't tell me... she has that odd taste?

Feng Yanyan shuddered at the thought.

Long Xu Le was fascinated by the white foot in front of her. They always said small lotus feet with pink toes were beautiful. But Feng Yanyan was tall so his feet were naturally big.

In fact, they still looked adorable to her.

Adorable.

Her Highness had never used this adjective before.

He obviously took care of himself well. There were no obvious calluses and both his toes and soles were a healthy peach. It was quite soft to her touch too.

"Wh-what are you looking at?!" Feng Yanyan called in panic.

She wouldn't be so shameless as to do anything to his feet right?