Falling in love

Cassidy's POV

Everything is going really well. I can finally say that happiness is not that far. Alex always seem to bring a smile to my face. For a long time I have stop caring of people's opinions, since that's all they ever will be. Words can hurt you if you let them hurt you, and something as stupid as calling me names or losing my 'popularity' won't stop me from being the person I truly am, or won't stop me from being with the person I am falling hard for. Alex is very special, and I will just wait a little until I decide to tell my parents. I hate keeping secrets from them, besides it's not like me being gay or bi? Will end my life or theirs. They lived already theirs, they just need to accept me if not, at least respect it. Besides everyone in school are begining to talk.

Today is my date with Alex, I am really excited, not sure why, maybe because it's with her. I got ready within an hour. Not too fancy but not looking as a bum either. I threw on black skinny jeans, with white boots, a purple blouse and a white leather jacket also a white beanie. My hair in curls.

I sat in the living room while waiting for Alex to pick me up. She should be here any minute now.

"You look nice, where are you going?" My mother's voice came from beside me. I didn't even knew she was standing there.

"I'm going out with Alex, she invited me to the fair." My mom had a motherly look on her that made me stir a bit on the couch.

"You and Alex seem to be getting close, something you wish to talk about?" How does she do that? I ask myself. Is it like a power a woman gains once they have children?

"Yeah, she's pretty amazing". I couldn't hide the smile that appeared on my face. I looked at mom and her eyes held care. She was also smiling, as if she knew already.

"You like her don't you?" The question was bold, it actually took me off guard a bit.

"Umm... would you be disgusted if I told you I do like her? I asked, biting my lip. I know I said that it wouldn't matter if they approved or not and somehow it doesn't, but your parents opinion will always get to you no matter how hard you try to shake it off. For me, my mom's opinion matters more than anyone else.

"Of course I wouldn't be disgusted Cassidy, yeah, it's strange that you like a girl now, I mean I don't want to sound offensive or anything its just that you were with Jackson for so many years. Even though that kid was a major ass". I had to laugh at her choice of words.

"What I'm trying to say Cassie is that you're my baby, I don't care if you're thirty you will always be my baby girl. Alex seem like a really good girl you have my blessing if you start to date her". Her words were the push I needed to make up my mind. Alex is what I want. Mom hugged me tight and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you mom" I couldn't see her face because, like a little girl I was snuggled close to her chest, but the smile was evident on her face. "One more thing Cassidy, Alex, she seems to like you very much. Her life was not as easy as yours, I know what your friends did to her and to say I was disappointed in Clover is an understatement, her mom wasn't there for her, neither was her father, she's fragile when it comes to abandonment so you need to be careful with her feelings baby".
"How can you say all of that by just one time you met the girl?" Mom smiled.

"When she asked if we knew her mother it was very clear that the subject brought sadness to her. If she asked us that, it means that her father doesn't talk much about it, or doesn't talk about it at all. Besides, even if she is all grown up now. Bullying always leave a mark there. Everyone in her family has left, She showed the fear she has of losing you when she looked at you. Maybe it's way too soon, but I know her feelings for you are deep. Trust me, mother always knows best". As mom said that the doorbell rang. I quickly recovered and stood up to greet Alex.