Saying no to the throne?

Alex's POV

"What do you mean I'm a royal empress?" There is no way Jules is something as big as a royal empress. Of course something always told me that she was a true commander, but a queen? If you can even call her that.

"Remember the story Marcus told you about Adrianno and his selfish ways?" My head wobbled like an airhead.

"Well the story is very real, in fact that is how werewolves were truly born. Also is how you and I came to be. What makes us the strongest werewolves alive is our witch genes. We can control the universe as well as humans. We are the ultimate form there is." Jules explained. I am pretty sure that mine and Cassidy's mouth were touching the floor. The hell does this woman mean by freaking witches.

'This is a topic we need to discuss alone' I heard her say to me through mind link. Overwhelming the others will bring nothing out of this so it's better if we talk alone about this. I gave her a nod.

"Now that Alex knows..." my dad didn't get to finish before I stopped him. "The agreement is over, I will spend my time how I want to. In a few weeks is my eighteen birthday, Jules will be part of my life now." She was smiling on the inside, I could tell.

"Dad there is something else you need to know." This was going to be the hard part. Explaining to him that he has a son. Will he treat me differently after this? There is no other option really. He deserves to know.

"I had a son... Alexandra has a twin brother." Jules beat me to it. My dad's face went extremely pale. Like life had left his body. There was a moment of silence, you could even hear the sound of the wind outside.

"The other day Alexandra what I meant when I said I was devastated to know you were born first was that, it meant you carried the curse like myself. The earth has strange ways of helping us, Mark happened to be the perfect cover. Everyone was happy that it was a boy, they just never knew that I had twins. It is how we kept you alive for so many years. Living a normal life."

Nothing about my life was normal, for so many years the only feeling I felt was pain. There was even days when it felt like death would be the solve to all my problems. There is no use in telling them that. My dad knows most of it and Jules doesn't need to feel more shattered.

"I want to meet Mark." The wind almost carried his voice, that's how soft it was. "How could you keep this from me Jules?" He wasn't looking at her, more like staring into space. Almost sounded like he was talking to himself.

"You would have taken him away from me as well, you were vengeful. Keeping Mark was the only way of saving Alex's life." Jules suddenly stood up, her black dress making her look even more dangerous. Like a cold December night swiftly she walked towards him. Her hand reached his face. It was a strange moment, yet it felt like it was their own closure.

"I am so terribly sorry Grayson, everything I did was for the best of my children. You are the father of both of them, hating you would be like hating them. We have hurt each other enough already. It is time to let the past fade away, open paths for new things in both of our lives. We need to be close to each other now more than ever." Her hand reached for his, he took them and held them. They were finally saying goodbye to the old them to be able to say hello to the new them.

I held Cassidy's hand tight. I never want my future family to go through this. My kids will be raised with all the love the world has to offer. With their two mothers.

There was something in Jules eyes as she said goodbye. Next week my father will be meeting Mark officially. Even though my brother knows, it will still be hard on him. All his life he knew Marcus as his dad. I am pretty sure he will understand why everything happened the way it did, but that doesn't change the facts, he will feel like Jules only wanted him as a cover. Unlike me Mark was raised with everything someone needs to be happy, yet look at the odds now. Like flowing spring water I feel a sense of relief. The truth can set you free. Like a ton has been lifted off your shoulders. It's a nice feeling. The problems are still many, we don't know what will happen next, these creatures are still lurking out in the darkness. Watching our every move. When Jules said that we are half witch my heart felt an adrenaline rush. Something inside me screamed at me all the power we now have. It felt almost like a darkness. 'Maybe all the crows of the dream meant that a new darkness has been born.' My wolf said to me. I keep telling myself that no matter what happens I will always be in control. But my body has been feeling strange lately. No words can explain.