I need you

Alex's POV

Pain is the only emotion that makes us feel truly alive. Once in a while it is required to be felt with all that we got.

"Run Alexandra, before it is too late. Open your eyes and see what your family has done!"

I didn't want to open my eyes, mostly because I know what it is happening around me. So many screams, so many people in agony. For some reason I can't move. It's like my feet are glued to the ground. All I can do is sit and watch as the world around me crumbles to the floor.

I have never been an asthmatic but right now breathing seems like one of the hardest tasks I have ever done.

"You did this Alexandra aren't you proud?!" The voice kept on screaming. Piercing right through my skull like a thousand needles. My hands reached for my ears trying to block the sounds away. My skin is burning and suddenly I began to feel all the open wounds I've got.

A scream escaped my lips not being able to handle such pain.

"Please just make it stop!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Finally all I felt was as my heart got ripped out of my chest. My eyes shot wide open and I could see what my family had done. I could see what I had done. I couldn't protect them like they expected me to. At the end I couldn't even save myself.

****

Gasping my eyes opened only to be greeted by the darkness of my room. My heart was going like a thousand miles per hour, sweat was covering my forehead and my claws were out. Trying to keep my breathing at balance I quickly got up. I stood in front of my full length mirror. My eyes shining like two golden suns combined. They were the only light in my room. I kept staring at them till they went back to normal. I looked at the clock next to my bed to see the time.

2:36 a.m.

With a groan I laid back down. My chest was hurting but not superficially. The kind of hurt many wish to avoid. School is in a few hours and I wish I could just stay here. If only these feelings got solved. I can't deny that my feelings for Kristen grow each day more, but my feelings for Cassie are so sincere. They both bring the best out of me and I don't know what would I do if one of them left completely.

None of this is fair for Cassidy. She got brought into this because of me, but I never thought that this would happen. The hours passed like minutes, at least that's how it felt.

I was already dressed for school when my dad barged in with a cake. It instantly made me smile. He also reminded me that today is my birthday, which I had forgotten about thanks to the many odds.

"There's my baby girl, happy birthday beautiful." He placed the cake on the nightstand before he hugged me tight. I just stayed there enjoying his warm embrace. It's been a while since we have been this close. All because of me. I have pushed him kind of away which is shitty of me. He has always been such a caring father.

"Thanks dad" I said still with my face buried in his chest. "Are you alright Alex?" He asked concerned. I just shook my head and before I knew it, my tears were cascading like Niagara Falls.

"Alex darling what's wrong?" I stared into his hazel eyes this time, he wiped away my tears making me smile. I can't believe that I broke down like that especially on my birthday.

"Everything is wrong dad, my life turned into this huge mess. Even bigger than the one before. Don't get me wrong there have been things that I've completely love, but I just wish I could have a normal day without any worry in the world."