Darkness comes to life

Kristen's POV

"You should of seen the way that bitch looked at me." I was fuming of course I was. It hurts to know that Alex's heart belongs to someone else.

"Calm down Kris not everything is how it seems." Mariah is trying to calm me, right now it seems impossible. She knows what it feels like, that's why I can't just tell her she doesn't, like we usually do when we do not know how to explain our feelings.

"How can I calm down? I am finally falling for someone and turns out that she will never love me." My eyes were filling with tears of anger/sadness. All these years I was searching for something, for someone. After all the search I finally end up finding the wrong yet right person.

"There is something I haven't told you." My feet stopped pacing around, my eyes focused on Mariah. She seemed a bit nervous.

"Alex... I had a small chat with her the other day, about you."

"What about me?" I said raising an eyebrow. "She is having mixed feelings about you. I think you are her second mate, she just doesn't want to accept it." That actually brought hope back to me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked curious. Mariah never hides stuff from me. "Because I know you Kris, she needs time to figure this out. She is going through a lot right now." She is right there. Alex does need time. I will give it to her, that doesn't mean I am out of the game. Game on Cassidy.

******

My pack had practice today, which my dad makes me train. Well half of them. At first it was good. Girls looked up to me, and a few ended up in my bedroom. It was a nice way of conecting with each of them. The guys envied my power also the way I had with girls so easy. All of that doesn't matter anymore. The last girl I had, she didn't feel right. Something was missing from it. I'm tired of it just being sex, my body wants more. My heart screams her name each time she's around, but there is nothing I can really do. Even though the game is changing. Now that I know for sure that she is feeling something for me, it's my best chance to win her heart. I won't get between her and Cassidy, but I surely will let her see that I'm much better.

The campus was full, with all the training wolves, the betas, my parents, old fighters and I teach them how to prepare themselves for battle. Right now things are not looking good for us. Knowing that those things are looking after us, stalking us even. It can terrify anyone. They should never be taken for granted. Especially now that they can change back to human.

After training, I decided that passing by Marcus house would be good. Alex might be there already. My heart does this weird sounds just by the thought of her. Feeling like this is scary. It's like you're allowing self destruct. Love is like that, it can give you all the strength you need, but it can also take it all and leave you with absolutely anything. Alex is different, not only as a person, but as a wolf as well. She is too much of a leader. The power she radiates is phenomenal, I don't get that from even my father nor Marcus. It's like she is way more than that. There is only one person who can bring me to my knees terrified. That person is Jules. The way she does things, the way she speaks, the way she thinks. Everyone and I mean everyone is afraid of Jules power. No wonder why she is the true alpha of the pack. I truly believe that she is the one that plans everything, Marcus just follows through. Her being Alexandra's mom means that Alex is just the same, but why isn't Mark the same? These questions are the ones that sometimes keep me up at night.

As I got there many were outside which made me wonder what the hell happened. "Hey Bria? What's going on?" I asked a bit concerned. My heart started to race ridiculously fast. "Alex, she ran out of the house after a conversation with Jules, she wasn't in her right mind. We are worried." That scared me even more. I know how she can be. Hard headed reckless. "We need to find her." I said concerned. The rest was already leaving so I went with them. Running as fast as we could through the woods. There was this feeling that was telling me that something is not right. I still can't believe these morons didn't go after her as soon as she left. They all know how Alex is. She doesn't listen. The scent of gasoline and smoke hit me, as well as the others. We ran even faster in that direction.