Explanations

Alex's POV

Fifteen minutes after Kylie left to inform the rest of the pack members, cars begin to arrive. They're not many members here considering the rest are in Australia. It has never occurred to me as to why they are all the way over there and not here with the young. I know that the Luna is in charge over there, which means she has the same authority as Marcus.

The body of the creature still lies on the same spot Raven slit its throat. The alpha must want it to make his statement and to have proof. Not that the other wolves will demand it. If the alpha says jump they would all ask how high. Not that I blame them, when the alpha speaks in his authority voice, he can make you drop to your knees, just like he did with Raven a couple of minutes ago. It's like you can't control your body under his command. The wolf within you will always be more dominant I guess. Marcus also said that he will make sure I trained harder. I'm actually looking forward to it because I don't want to go through the same pain as the first full moon.

As everyone was gathering around my mind went off back to the dream I had earlier before everything happened. It is not the first time I have dreamt about that woman. Her words are very soothing along with her caresses. There is no place that I have found when I am awake that makes me feel as safe as in my dreams. She must be right, It's because somehow that's when I create my perfect haven. But it feels so real that sometimes I believe it has actually happened and that the woman talking to me knows me more than I do. Maybe she is just part of an illusion that my own brain has created.

When the pack members saw the body many gasped other begin talking to themselves. Soon they were all asking questions to one another. "Blood moon pack, please be silent" as alphas commands everyone stopped talking and begin to listen. "As you can see here". He pointed to the lifeless body of the creature. "Rogues are back, they were hiding in the shadows for far too long, we all knew that this was eventually going to happen again". Again? I wonder what happened before, I hate that they haven't told me anything about the past of this pack. But I haven't asked either. I should have been more interested. "Bria was attacked by four of them"  They all went back to talking to one another making the alpha shushed them again. "Silence, now I must know you may have many questions, let me just say that we managed to kill the four, we do not know if this is a warning of something that will come or if it's just pure coincidence". He took a breath and looked around to see if anyone had questions to ask, when everybody stood silent he continued. "Since we do not know, the pack will start to train harder, just as if we were going on combat again, I have given you all too much free time considering many are new to this country, but I brought you here exactly because of training. Play time is over, now its time for seriousness, I will protect this pack with my life because you are the reason I am here. That is why training will begin tomorrow, you may go back to the pack house".

As he said that, without questions the members begin clearing the area. "Kylie... it's better if you all go to the pack house as well. The cabin is not that safe for you". She looked hesitant, but she knew that he was right. "What is the pack house? I asked him. "It's where everyone stays with me". I thought about it for a minute. "Why does Mark, Kylie, Raven and Bria stay here then?

"Mark just stays here because he likes to keep watch on the girls, Kylie likes it because is not crowded as the pack house and the other two just stay wherever the night gets them". I nodded.

"Why didn't anyone tell me before about the pack house or anything?

"Because this cabin is where we all come to turn on the full moon and it's more useful to us since it is located in the woods. The pack house is just where we all sleep and keep our stuff".

"Oh, okay". He sighed. "I know that I haven't told you a lot of things about us, I am sorry for that. I promise that tomorrow I will answer all your questions, but as for now you should rest you will need it, Kylie will take you to the pack house". Again, I found myself just nodding as if I were mute.