Marks and healed wounds

Walking out of the nurse's office I saw Jamie heading my way. I stopped in my tracks to wait for her.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" She asked.

"Like shit", she laughed and hugged me.

"Next time pay attention while playing a sport, A. I didn't follow you because Cassidy took you and I figured it was going to be a good chance to talk to her....So did you talk?"

I laughed a bit and told her we did, but not too much. She gave me a weird look, but nodded. She offered to come home and stay with me, but I didn't want her to miss her final classes.

Now I'm here all alone in this huge house. Music is my companion in lonely times so I turned on the stereo blasting the speakers with the maximum volume, playing I'm not okay by My chemical romance. I went to the mirror to see the damage done, my nose was purple and black, my right cheek was turning a little dark as well. God, how could Cassidy hit the damn ball so hard, what does she has on those hands? Guess that practice really does pay off.

*******

It's 9:30 PM, my friends are probably at Derek's already getting drunk. While I'm home reading and listening to depressing songs, waiting for it to be 1:45 a.m. at least, so I can go and pick them up. I do this for them because they mean the world to me, maybe it's because I've never had anyone to actually take care of me except for them. My dad had texted earlier saying that he wouldn't be back home for two more weeks.

A yawn escaped my mouth so I decided to sleep for a bit, putting the alarm for 1:00 a.m giving me a few hours to rest.

Beep, Beep, Beep.

Turning off my alarm, I got up and headed to the bathroom, my nose hurts like hell and looks like it as well, so I took some pain killers then washed my mouth. I headed downstairs with only my phone, looking at the hour that reads 1:27 a.m, still having a few minutes I poured some cereal in a bowl with milk. My phone went off on the counter and without looking at the callers ID I answered.

"Hello?"

"Alex!! Hey.. Are you coming to get us?" That voice I instantly knew it was Penelope.

"Yes, I'm leaving in a few."

"Great! , oh and Alex?"

"Yes?" I replied, she was drunk, maybe even high.

"I'm hungry as fuck." I laughed, she was definitely high.

"Ok Penelope we will get you something to eat on the way back home." With that, I hung up. Still smiling at her, she looked so innocent, but she really wasn't.

My car was parked in front of Derek's at 1:54. I dialed Penelope and told her I was already here, she said to wait so she could go look for Craig and Jamie. Knowing the state she is, that was going to take a while, so I dialed Jamie but she didn't answer. I got out of my car to take a little bit of fresh air, that's when I saw something glowing in the woods. I could've sworn it was a pair of eyes. It disappeared, but then I heard a loud scream, without even knowing it my feet were moving on their own. Before actually realizing it, I was deep into the woods.

"Hello? Someone out there?" Nothing... regretting the dumbest thing I've done by walking alone in the woods at night, I began to walk quickly back, so I could get out of here as soon as possible. I felt something staring at me, I froze on my tracks, but something inside me told me to not look back and start running. Fear got the best of me so I started to run as fast as my feet could, after what felt like ages, I stopped to catch my breath behind a tree, not even one minute passed when I was running again, but this time I was tackled hard to the ground. Whatever it was, was big and now it was on top of me. When I screamed with my eyes shut I felt a terrible pain in my left shoulder. After that, the animal or thing was gone. Quickly I got back on my feet and began to run, this time I couldn't, my body felt so heavy and everything was spinning, my legs felt numb and that's when I fell to the ground. All my eyes could see was the night sky and the beautiful glowing moon. Then I saw nothing.