History of our family

Song for this chapter, the fighter by In this moment. Enjoy ;)

Cassidy's POV

Lost in an abyss of pure darkness. No light not even a dot of it. All you can do is sit on a corner of a dark room. Life has so many funny ways of torturing you. Of course not everything is as bad. Maybe we need to see from different perspectives. Imagine a greater world even though you are just surrounded by fog. But the fog clears at some point right? It has to. All I could do was sit here and listen. So many words and sobs. At first I didn't understand. What happen? Why am I in this place? Yet the image later became clear. I was stuck in some sort of limbo because these are just my thoughts. I am not dead but neither am I alive. I'm stuck in the middle of both worlds.

Maybe when I finally open my eyes the world around me has changed or maybe I won't even remember this place, everything is uncertain though.

Why haven't I let go? That question has an easy answer. I had people waiting for me back home, my family and friends they are all so desperate for me to come back to them.

Then there's Alex, my Alex. I can feel her suffering the most. It breaks my heart each and every time. I can't see her, but I can feel her. If she hasn't given up on me, on her own self then who was I to give up?

I didn't know what was going on out there. Just this feeling telling me that it was nothing good. I tried waking up, I just couldn't. I can't move from this place.

All I wish is that when I open my eyes I can see those green orbs staring at me with her beautiful smile.

Alex's POV

With a groan I opened my eyes. Feeling a shot of pain running through my veins. My breathing was irregular. I couldn't adjust my eyes even though I was blinking fast. I looked at my wrist that were both chained. Only then I noticed that silver nails were around it. Digging into my skin. I was hanging by my wrist. My feet weren't touching the ground making it all much more painful.

My skin feels like it's burning, I had the terrible urge to touch the area where it mostly did, though that would cause me to bleed faster.

"You have finally awaken my sweet pet." My wolf growled at the word pet. She only smiled, amused by it. I told myself over and over that I wouldn't let myself out of control. Not in front of her. She will not get that little show just yet. So even though the air was burning my lungs I took a deep breath.

"Oh honey, there is wolfsbane all over this room, it will only exhaust and hurt you further."

Why hasn't she killed me yet? I kept asking myself. Rydelle was not stupid, she was far from it, a coward yes.

"Not feeling like saying much?" She was enjoying this too much. Watching me being miserable and chained like a zoo animal.

"You see Alex you played with fire, now you are getting burn because of it. I know what you did to break the link I shared with Cassidy, but let me just say how stupid you are. You actually thought that I wouldn't figure this out? Killing you is the answer to wake Cassidy isn't it Halsey?" I could only look at her with so much disgust and anger.

"Such a fool, I shall find ways to reverse that. And better yet you just became the key for me to win this war. You sold all your pack, for just one girl."

"You will never win Rydelle, my family knows their priorities."

"It ain't about winning this war to end it all for them anymore, now is to save your life."

I was mentally praying on each God above that her words were just mere assumptions. If my family loses focus, we are all doomed. She let down the chains, making my feet reach the floor. My legs already were numb.