Obsession

Rydelle's POV

At last the words have been said. Truth is out revealing secrets that should have been buried. Seeing Alexandra mad because of me was very exciting. Oh how must she feel to know that she is not as great as she thought. Neither her or her mother.

Jules has teached Alex to block her mind pretty damn well may I say. Which is so very frustrating. It makes my blood boil, but what could I expect? After all Jules is the one sitting at the throne. She is intelligent. I'll give her that.

After dropping the news of one of our own being mudered. The rogues got wild. He was very close to us all. If they wanted to kill before, surely this news set them over the edge. Though they still have to wait on me and of course my father their commander.

"Rydelle, maybe this is not such a good idea." I heard my brother interrupt my thoughts. He was standing by the door as I looked outside my glass window watching as the rogues blew off some steem.

"Duncan, always afraid of little confrontation." I said without taking my eyes off the pack.

"Many people will die, including our own. We should at least try to make a deal." It made me smile. How naive of my older brother.

"And let our kind rot in the shadows, watching how they take what belongs to us brother? They're not afraid of killing us, why should we be afraid of killing them?"

"I just don't get this Rydelle. Our people have you as our leader. You can make them shift into human form. Why do we need more? Isn't it enough knowing that you already have more power than Alexandra and Jules?"

"That's the point, why do I have to bow to them when they should be at my feet? After all I am way more powerful."

"We will only lose the little we have gain, instead of getting along. We are creating a horrible war. None of this is right. None of us should be losing friends over just a fucking title!"

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me brother! Do I need to remind you that they killed our mother? Leaving us orphans if it weren't for our adoptive father."

"They did not killed our mother, our father did. Yes he was an alpha a true werewolf but a terrible one, and what you're doing it's just as sadistic and twisted." I raised my hand in the air, making my brother choke on his words. He began to cough terribly, but I still didn't bother to look his way.

"They shall never know how I came to be what I am today Duncan. Don't you ever compare me to our disgrace of a father again. Because even though you're my brother. I'll make you swallow that tongue of yours." I let him fall to the floor. Hearing him breathe desperately.

"He only took us because he felt guilty and he knew the power within you. You will choose him over me because you feel the need to repay him what he has done for us."

"I love you Duncan, we grew up together. No one knows me like you do, but understand brother. This is something I need to do. Trust me please." I said somewhat defeated. My eyes shifted in his direction this time. Only to find so many mixed emotions in those black eyes. Even though he does not approve of my doing. He will stand by my side. His love is unconditional. As well as mine for him.

After many hours the pack went silent. Exhaustion owning their bodies. Everyone was asleep. Including my brother. Silently I made my way out. Embracing the coldness of the night. Since Alexandra awoke her inner darkness everything has been quite gloomy which puts me on edge. The nights seem colder, the skies filled with clouds. Strong winds. It's been already four days since I last had any contact with Alexandra. I am very aware of her power. My witch side might be stronger, but her wolf is a true beast. I can't wait to put her down. Who knows. I might even make her my own personal slave.