Some things are better left unspoken.

Alex's POV

Gasping for air, there is nowhere else to run. This can't be the way I die. Even the darkness feels too thick. Their laugh I can hear it piercing through my skull. It hurts. I dropped to my knees holding my head, I could feel and smell the blood that was coming from my ears. My eyes can't even adjust. I am completely disoriented. My voice won't come out, all I have to do is call for help and they would be here in a second, but right now that seems impossible. My knees are scraped, my knuckles are as well. I can't fight anymore. Not without my wolf taking control. She can't get out though, even though I am trying my hardest. My chest feels too heavy and breathing hurts my lungs. What is this substance they used? It has slowed me down. It burns my skin.

Their eyes, I can see them, it's the only image in my head. Everyone is at risk, they are too strong. How can I help others when I can't even help myself? In this very moment, hope is gone, and faith has abandoned me. This is the end for me. With one last painful breath, I felt the knife cutting through the layers of my skin, I began to choke on my own blood. His laugh, the last sound I would ever hear. I hold onto my neck, but blood kept coming out. In a matter of seconds all life left my body. I was left alone and empty.

"Alex! Wake up!" My eyes shot open, I was panting hard, my whole body covered in sweat. The room is still dark.

"Shh, it's okay it was only a nightmare, are you okay?" My dad was embracing me in a warm hug, I quickly calmed down. I hugged him back for dear life.

"What did you dream about?" He asked.

"Someone chased and killed me". Was my short blunt response.

"Do you want me to hire you some body guards? He carresed my back soothingly. "It's okay daddy, I don't need body guards". Even in his pajamas he smells like his cologne. I think It's time I ask things I need to know.

"Dad?" I waited for his response, which was a simple 'yes'. "Why didn't you want me to know anything about my mother?" He tensed, but tried to cover it.

"You don't need her, she left us, what was the use in telling you". It wasn't a question, It was a statement.

"You know the sad truth dad? The truth is I did needed her, she left us I get that, It still doesn't changes the fact that I have a mother or had, It's time you tell me about her." He sighed heavily, the subject brings sadness to him. I can feel it, as if he were passing it to me. It made me sad to just feel his pain.

"I loved your mother so much Alexandra, she was truly the love of my life. We met when I was a freshmen in high school. She came from Europe with her family to study here. As soon as I saw her something clicked inside of me, she was breath taking. I just knew that she was going to be my wife someday. The best thing was that she looked at me the exact same way. We began a relationship a little after. It was all perfect. That was until my best friend moved back here from Australia. I was a junior by then." He sighed again, his heart beat was steady. Still I could feel the heavyness in his chest.

"She began to act differently, she still loved me, but something didn't feel right. I just let it pass. I figured she would tell me when she felt ready, she never did though. It was for sure that I was going to be a sucessful business man one day, your grandfather made sure of that. My best friend also had power. Everything just stayed the same, when we graduated I propose and she accepted. We got married, she became more distant. I was begining to worry, little did I know that I had already lost her. She told me a secret she had when she was pregnant with you, at first it was impossible for me to believe it, til she showed me and time passed. When you were born she took off. She took off with my best friend. She cheated on me for all those years and I had no clue about it." The sun was begining to shine through the windows letting me see my dad. His eyes were red, I know he still loves her, in fact he is not over the thing that happened. How can a woman be so damn selfish? I hate her even more.