Morning after

Alexandra's POV

When I opened my eyes all that I could see were the symbols and markings on the walls. The rays of the sun that are coming through the small window, hurts my eyes. It also came to my knowledge that I no longer have the chains around my body. I have a blanket on top of me and in front of me is a bottle of water along with a backpack full of clothes. No one seems to be around so I got up and dressed myself. As I finished, I drank from the bottle of water and use a little bit to clean my hands. My hearing sense got quickly the first gate being opened. I also recognized her scent. 'Raven'. I could hear every footstep she was making till she was in front of the gate that allow us access to this room.

"Good morning, I thought you would be out more time". There was an awkward silence. I just couldn't find the correct words. She was holding something wrapped in aluminum foil. It was a ham, cheese and egg sandwich. My scent is much stronger now. I guess all the process is completed with my transformation. She handed me the sandwich. I thanked her and ate the whole thing in only three bites.

"How are you feeling Alex? I look at her and swallowed my last bite of the sandwich. "I guess I'm ok". I didn't feel like talking. To be honest, I have no idea what I'm feeling right now.

"Don't lie to me Alex, " she stared at my eyes and crossed her arms. "I don't know what I feel Rae. Last night was horrible yet great. I have never experienced power like that, but it comes with a terrible price. A price I don't wish to pay anymore". I sighed and kicked a rock that was on the floor.

"It's okay, Alex, each of us have felt the same way. Trust me, when you learn how to control the shift. It will be a gift". I looked at her and she was giving me a smile. She opened her arms and I walked into them. She embraced me in a gentle hug.

"You should take a shower, you kind of smell funny". When she said It made me laugh and push her lightly. We walked together back to the cabin. The smell of sweet coffee, pancakes, bacon and eggs greeted my nostrils. The whole pack was there eating like savages. The guys were all shirtless, covered in mud and dirt. The girls had shorts with tank tops also covered in mud. Guess that they came in not so long ago.

When they sensed my presence they all looked at me with smiles and kind eyes. I returned a shy smile. The alpha made his way up to me and embraced me. "Welcome to our family officially, come on, have breakfast with us". I took a seat between Nicko and another girl I still don't know. "Hey Alex this is my sister Veronica". He said with his mouth full of pancakes. "Nice to meet you Alex, " she extended her hand for me to shake. I did and served me some food.

"So Alex it has come to me knowing that you have found a special someone already". Said the alpha while drinking his cup of coffee. I actually choked on a piece of bacon. Nicko patted my back a little hard if you ask me, but he was trying to help. His sister Veronica laughed at his roughness and so did a bunch of other guys. His cheeks turned red and I just messed his hair to let him know it's ok.

"What exactly do you mean Marcus? I asked him. He looked at Mark and then at me.

"Nothing, is just that I've heard you have a crush on a girl from your school. Is that correct?

"It's nothing, I just find her attractive" I lied. Of course is much more than that. I've been dying for her.

"Yeah, right", I heard Kylie say on the other side of the table. I gave her a death glare, making her look the other way.

"Something you would like to share Kylie? Alpha asked. "Um... no, I just said that she's right. The girl is very attractive". She has been checking her out? I frowned at her.

"You have met her? Marcus asked her. "Um... no, not really I just saw her at a party". Marcus nodded. After that, he dropped the subject.

"Alex, it's time to share some things with you about the pack". I gave him a nod and sipped my coffee. "Well Kylie and Mark are my betas. Tyron over there". He pointed at the buff guy who Kylie put down the other day. "Is one of our lead fighters, along with Nicko, Veronica, Scott, Bria and Raven now". I gave Rae a look causing her to smile. I was just listening to the information he was giving me. "The fastest are, Brandon, Joseph, Max and Mia". Again he pointed. The girl is really pretty. But all of the girls from the pack are beautiful. "Of course my wife has her own fighters and betas back in Australia, since we have multiple betas and strong fighters we are one of the strongest packs right now".