Chaos

Veronica's POV

*One hour before*

"This is all so stressing Rave, what will happen if we lose our people in that war. I can't bare the thought of losing my twin brother or anyone close to me. We're a family."

"We will win, our packs are strong, Marcus and Jules know what they're doing. It's always good to be a little afraid. It keep us alerted at all times. My biggest fear is Bria, she seems off. Her head is all over the place. She's so young and having to cope with being far from her mate is torture. I swear we were both cursed."

Upon hearing my best friend a small smile crept on my lips. I think you could say they have had bad luck with their mates.

"She will get it right out of her system when she gets back, she's just young and hormonal. She's sexually frustrated." Raven laughed causing me to do so as well. We were both currently on watch with a few other wolves. The night sky was beautifully lit up.

"Talking about mates, how is it going with you and Roy?" She asked sincerely. Just by hearing his name my smile grows wider. He is the definition of a perfect man.

"We're getting married once all of this is over with. I think we are planning on leaving for a while. We just need time for ourselves." I saw her nod even though it's very dark.

"I will be back Raven, don't worry." I said while pushing her lightly.

"I know you will silly, I mean you can't just leave me to take care of all these children by myself, who will I gossip to?" Her tone was humorous. But something about all of this seems just to forget about what is happening. The fact that we are going to war and not knowing if we will make it back or not.

"There's something I should probably tell you Rave." I said feeling my hands get all clamy. Suddenly the air seemed hotter even though we are in the middle of winter. Her brown eyes looked at my blue ones and the words just came out. After all she is my best friend.

"I'm pregnant." I swear her heart stopped. Her eyes almost popping out of their sockets.

"You're joking right?" She said in disbelief. Causing me to sigh in even more frustration.

"I wish I was, the heat season happened and now our packs going into a nasty war, Raven I don't know what to do. I can't fight, risking the life of my baby but if I don't, I'll feel like I'm letting my people down. Especially Marcus, he especifically said to be careful during that time." By now I was ranting. Roy is training even harder than before, I just feel like all the weight is on him now.

"Breathe Veronica, you need to tell Marcus though, it's obvious you can't go directly into war but surely you can protect the pack doing other things. Like going back and keeping an eye on Clover and Cassidy with some of the guys."

"It's a mess Raven, I feel like Roy is stressed, all he do is train he feels so over protective of me. Even more than he was before. I'm just afraid for him. He shouldn't lose his sanity over it. After all it's our first baby and I'm about to graduate college so it's not as bad."

"Exactly Veronica, it's his first baby. He wants everything to be perfect. I'm sure it will..." I was about to say something else when loud growls interrupted our chat. Our eyes found each other and we knew exactly what it was. We were quick to shift into our wolf forms. We ran like hell was chasing after us. Desperately trying to reach our pack member who was surely fighting them on his own. That wolf being my fiancè.

Roy!! I screamed through our link. His big brown eyes found mine once we reached the spot where about fifteen rogues were at. His eyes pleaded me to back away but I just couldn't in a instant Raven and I were attacking. I was quicker than ever, not allowing any to touch me. Speed has always been at my advantage. Roy was trying to get them off of him, trying to get to me.