Breaking the chains

Alex's POV

"Hello my beautiful girl"

"Mom."

I couldn't believe this moment. Searching in all the wrong places. Here she is standing in front of me, all the memories came crushing back to me. All the lonely nights. All the pain. All thanks to her abandonment. I pushed her hand away hard.

"Don't fucking touch me." I got up quickly and she did as well. "You are nothing to me, all this time you knew I was here and now you came to meet me?"

"Alexandra please let me explain." Her voice held regret and pain, but I don't care. I couldn't control my tears. "Fuck you." I said with venom. Everyone's mouth were hanging open. The shock that my mother is their Luna. I heard Marcus growl behind me, he won't tolerate the heavy words I am saying to his mate.

I ran, I needed to get out of there. Everything is way too much, knowing this about my mother got me even more pissed.

"Alex wait." That voice. I stopped. He stood in front of me with tears in his eyes, his hands were shaking. "Mark" I sobbed even harder, he held me in his arms. He began to cry as well, we both kneeled on the hard cold ground, holding each other.

"I didn't know Alex, I'm so sorry, I will never leave you alone again." Here we both were, crying in the middle of the woods, holding each other as brother and sister for the first time. I always thought I was an only child, little did I know that my own brother was so close to me. How can they do this? Something so cruel to the both of us. He grew up with lies and I grew up without knowing anything.

"Let's go somewhere else." I just nodded. My body was feeling weak, this was what Kristen was talking about. She knew and she didn't tell me. Using the poor energy I had left, I took off running. Rage, that's all I feel right now. I need to cool down my body. "Alex! No wait!" Was all I heard before I jumped down the waterfall. It is the only place my mind could think of, to gain back my control. The freezing water hit my body, in that moment I felt like I was being punched constantly, but it was necesary at the moment.

As I got out, I laid on my back on the wet mud. For the first time in two months, my body was trembling. I felt the coldness of the night taking over, the coldness of the situation. Right now, all I wish to do is escape from this reality, but I can't, not with the full moon around the corner. My eyes were fixated on the moon, I could hear Mark running this direction, it wasn't enough to make me get up. My body is numb, my lips are trembling. I looked at my hands and they looked paper sheet white. Something was amazing though, the fresh air. Almost making my lungs sing with joy.

"Alex" he said. Still my eyes were on the bright soon to be full moon. "What's the rush Mark? It's not like I will get sick." I said without emotion. "Your body is beyond cold, it can go into a hypothermic state," His shadow was too big, my eyes met his, it was beautiful. I remember the first time Marcus asked him to change in front of me, it was the scariest yet most fascinating thing I have ever witnessed.

Slowly I got up and got on his back. Once I was okay, he took off running. My body felt too weak, not even my night sight was working anymore. So I decided to close them. Mark's fur is very soft, it was making me sleepy. In a few more minutes we were entering the cabin. Hopping off, he gave me a look, he felt sorry for everything even though it wasn't his fault. It must of been hard knowing that your own mom has lied to you so many times same goes for Marcus. They were supposed to look after us, Mark more than the rest, yet he was the one to get hurt. I grabbed his jaw gently and planted a kiss on his head. He moved his ears in acceptance of it, after all these years. The truth came to the surface, well most of it. I believe that from all of this, the best thing is knowing Mark is my brother.