Chaos Pt. II

Alex's POV

The air felt so fresh. It almost made me believe that this part of earth has never been infected with our human kind. Nature is truly wonderful.

Glowing eyes, she is standing with her pack in the shadows. Waiting for me to come closer. I was no longer afraid. It is funny. She must think she has me already. Without knowing this was part of my plan all along. It made me laugh. How weak is she? This is an embarrassment for her and her pack. She can't handle my people that's why she always attacked us when were alone. She has been afraid all this time, I was a fool to be intimidated, she even needed to link Cassidy's life to her own to save her skin, she knows that I would never in a million years hurt Cassidy. Not like that.

Anger was coursing through my veins. Of course it was, everything that's happening is because of this girl now standing in front of me with a smirk.

It only made me do so as well.

My eyes were quick to change into luminiscent ones. She was standing with about fifty of her rogue pets.

"You've come so far to end like this Alexandra?"

"The reasons no longer matter Rydelle, it is of course the purpose. I will not let more of my people die in vein. If it's me you want, then here I am. No struggle will be coming from my part. I am at peace." Her face had a mixture of uncertainty, realization seemed to struck her because before I knew it she was grasping my neck. Picking me up from the floor.

"You didn't!" My smile only grew.

"Your link is no longer active."

"There's a catch, there is always a catch Alexandra, so tell me what did you offer?" I stayed silent, lips glued. It will not work if I tell her what exactly was offered. She needs to kill me without knowing.

Of course she was smarter than that. Before I knew it everything went dark.

Kristen's POV

One of the thoughest nights yet. Everyone was crying, devastated. Here we thought we were safe, unreachable. But we made the mistake of getting too comfortable. Now we paid the price. There was so much anger, Roy could barely shift back into human. Veronica was a mess, I could never imagine the pain of losing a loved one. Especially if its your twin.

Something caught my attention. Jules and Alex got into an argument. One Jules lost words for.

"Is Alex okay?" I asked worried. Everyone here knew how she tends to get when an accident happens.

"She needs time to think better and to rest her thoughts. You know how my daughter gets. She blames herself. Sometimes I am afraid she won't be able to be the Empress she is supposed to be. Not because she lacks anything, but because she always puts others needs before her own and it will only end up consuming her."

"Maybe that's not as bad as it sounds. She will have her compass beside her giving her direction. As long as Cassidy leads with her, Alexandra will be an amazing leader. She puts others before her, that is correct but what is driving Alex crazy is not being able to talk to Cassidy to give her any hope. Everyone expects too much of her, it is stressing her and when only she felt safe, normal and at home. Was when Cassidy held her." Jules seemed to be in deep thought. She knew my words were correct. She has Marcus by her side, forever and always. That is as beautiful as life can get.

"Excuse me" I said as I made my way around her. Deciding to give Alex the space she needs I just headed to the other part of this facility. Where my pack and family are currently staying. I couldn't handle watch people crying, let alone for the loss of someone dear to them. As I closed the door to my room a scent strongly hit me.