Too late to stop a war

Jule's POV

I was walking through the deepest and darkest parts of these enormous woods. My mind was conflicted. The strongest warriors of my pack walking behind me alongside Marcus. A shiver ran down my spine. That's how I knew we were getting closer to the destination. Marcus held my hand tightly in his, assuring me that everything will be over soon. I slightly smiled at my husband. Telling him just how grateful I was to have him there with me. I didn't know the state of my daughter. She could be dead by now, but I was refusing to believe that. Alex is a warrior. She needs to be alive. If only she were here to know that Cassidy was finally starting to show signs of coming back. That's what scares me the most. Because I knew that only with Alex's death she would come back.

I came face to face with the girl that has brought mayhem to us all. My first instinct was to rip her flesh slowly. Make her feel the pain she has put us in. But I couldn't let my emotions take over. That would only affect my daughter.

"Rydelle."

"Jules." She said back almost mockingly. If it weren't for Marcus holding my hand tightly she'd be dead by now.

"Where's my daughter?" I tried to sound calm. She only smirked. Under the moon light she looked like death itself. She's a stunning young woman. Her dark aura is able to captivate anyone who doesn't know what she's capable of.

"She's... alive, still trying to survive the daily beatings. Don't worry that girl is quite the surprise."

I could feel my anger rising. That wasn't good. Behind her were some of her strongest warriors as well.

"I swear Rydelle. Your head will be kept as a souveneir."

"If that ever happens, I'll make sure that you have Alex's as well."

"Don't you fucking dare touch my daughter again."

"Now you call her daughter Jules, what about all those years you left her alone? Oh you can't even imagine the pain that girl endured. I am pretty sure what I am doing now is nothing compared to the hurt she went through before. All the bullying, Cassidy being with another guy. Her dad was never there. Then Sophia died. Do you know how many times Alex tried to kill herself? About five times. Drugs were consuming her, at least she didn't feel pain while under the effects of it. Sophia was the one who always brought her back. Then of course the little freak made friends. What I'm trying to say is. Do not come in front of me claiming to be mother of the year. When you only met your daughter months ago."

There it was. Her ability to touch your deepest inner wounds. It didn't really matter how she hurt you physically. It hurt more when opened her mouth. She's a master of manipulation. Now I know why Cassidy let her in. Rydelle didn't compare to any other teenager. She was too smart. She knew how get inside your head and twist everything there. All your thoughts. But if this is the way she wanted to play, I had my many moves as well.

"At least I am still here trying to save my daughter. Tell me Rydelle. Did it hurt what your mother did to you? Did it hurt that your own father wanted you dead? You've been a puppet all your life. Yet you're too blind to see. You have messed with the Royal Empress of werewolves. A true blood witch. Unlike you. You thought no one ever would notice that you were a creation? You are a nobody just a kid with a thirst of the power she will never gain. You're not a true leader. You're only the death of all these so called warriors of yours. More like followers. I will finish what my sister couldn't nor your father. You'll be the death of all of them and I'll be the death of you....

Two more days. That's all you get." Her nostrils were flaring. Her eyes grew darker. I knew how to play this game as well.

"For your own sake and your beloved brother's my daughter better be alive."