Safe Haven

Cassidy's Pov

"Cassidy, it's time we talk."

Suddenly, I began to feel dizzy. Swallowing hard the giant lump that has made its way up my throat threatning to suffocate me.

There was Jules in all her glory. Looking compose as always, her demeanor never changes. She looks and represents a woman of true power. Yet there was this immense sadness in her eyes.

I got in the back seat with her, the driver quickly taking off.

"I see you have recover pretty well." She said. If only she knew how far from well I was.

"Yeah, it came as a shock to everyone really. I healed way too fast. Almost like nothing ever happened."

"I see." She said softly this time pulling a cigarette out of her Louis Vitton purse.

"If only you knew child the odyssey my daughter went through to make sure you properly recover."

"Where is Alex, Jules?" I asked, afraid of her answer. She took a long drag from her cigarette, letting the smoke out gracefully.

"You will get that answer soon enough, let me know if you get lost while I explain..."

Alex's POV

I woke up, looking at a deep blue sky filled with white and rosy clouds. For a moment, I believed I was breathless. The scenary was too breath taking.

"It's good to see you finally awake." Deep brown eyes staring at mine. Making me stand up.

"Marcus!" I embraced him in a hug making him laugh.

"It's good to see you again kiddo" I have missed him. He was like a second father to me.

"You look great." I said looking at his spotless white shirt and black jeans. There wasn't even a bruise on him, which made me frown. How did he recover so fast?

"I feel great child, how about you?" I inspected myself. I was wearing a long flowy white dress. My hair loose. My feet bare feeling the humid leaves under me.

"I actually feel fantastic." His smile only grew. I looked around. Not really knowing where we were. Everything was fascinating, from afar I could hear the sound of rivers flowing. The air was too refreshing. The sun shining through the massive maroon trees? The sky was an explotion of bright colors.

Everything was peaceful. Even the aroma around us was different. Like wild cherries and pine trees.

"Where are we Marcus?"

"Walk with me my child." He extended his arm which I took. Taking a long breath he replied.

"This is our heaven Alex." It confused me.

"What do you mean?" He looked at me quizzically.

"You don't remember your own death?" I stopped walking. Everything came rushing back, Cassidy, the war, Rydelle and my death.

"We're dead." I said to no one in particular.

"We have served our purpose, now we are free Alex, we will see them again at some point. That's our reward." We continued walking. Somehow I couldn't feel sad, nor angry. My heavy soul was resting. Even my wolf was at ease in this place.

We came to a stop, my eyes filling with tears of joy. All my fellow pack members who had lost their life protecting us were here as well. They were laughing and singing around a fire.

"Alex!" Came running a blonde boy I knew a little too well.

"Nicko" I said embracing him in a tight hug. He spun me around with the biggest smile on his face. He was also wearing a white button up shirt. His feet bare like mine.