Connecting with yourself

Jule's POV

"I'm just afraid for her Marcus, I have seen it in her eyes."

"You will help her fight it Jules, she's just young. At that age you struggled as well to keep at bay your inner demons."

"But what if I can't? Alex is no ordinary girl, she's my daughter. I couldn't handle losing her."

"Her heart is bigger than this place, Alexandra will never lose her true self. You just need to remind her of all the good there is in her, all the good waiting for her. She'll make it."

"What would I ever do without you Marcus?" I said to my husband with a smile on my face. He has been the whole definition of an amazing man. I may be the Empress, but without him by my side I wouldn't be able to carry all the weight. That's why I get just how much Alex loves her mate. They keep us under control, steady in the strong currents of the ocean. My heart aches for my children, I just wish this could all be over with. So they can have a normal, healthy life.

"You won't have to find out for many more years hopefully." I kissed his lips, lying my head on his warm chest. It's been already a week since we got to our underground training facility, a week of very hard work and tension. Not to mention Cassidy has shown no signs of waking up anytime soon.

As the night went on, my eyes closed. Letting sleep take over. Tomorrow Alex will start her intense training.

Alex's POV

"Not good enough! Again!" Kristen was shouting at some of the wolves in training. She was being rather harsh, but she's really stressed over everything that has been going on.

"Kris, take it easy they're trying their best to keep up."

"Well trying is not good enough right now." The bitterness in her voice caused a shiver to run freely across my spine. What has gotten into her?

"What the hell is your problem?" I haven't been exactly myself either. Anything sets me off.

"Everyone sticking their noses in my business that's what!"

"Well maybe if you weren't such a hard headed ass they wouldn't be telling you what to do." I snapped at her, big mistake. Next thing I knew my body was thrown into the nearest wall. Did she really just hit me? My eyes turned bright yellow and my claws came out to play.

"What? you think because your mother is so royal you have power over me? You will not tell me how to train my pack!"

"That's what bugs you huh? If I say to give them a rest you fucking give them a rest." She launched at me once more, but this time I avoided it. Grabbing her fist and flipping her fast, making her land on the floor with a loud thud. Not thinking fast enough she swiped me off my feet making me fall hard as well. In a second she was on top of me, the vein of her forehead popping out and her eyes yellow as ever. I have never seen her this mad before and suddenly I came back to reality.

"I hate you Alexandra Halsey." She said before a loud voice rang through the whole place. Joseph's voice.

"That's enough Kristen!" She got up, without looking at me, storming off like I was some plague.

"Are you okay?" He extended his hand. By now every pack member was staring at me.

"I'm fine." I said coldly.

"She's under a lot right now Alex, Kris has never been good at controlling her emotions. She didn't mean what she said."

"Maybe she did." I said walking off as well.

This place is huge, you could easily get lost, but I headed to the part where almost no one goes. At least not at this hour. The garden was quite beautiful, I think it's even more alive than me and that's a lot to say considering this place is underground. The flowers have amazing unique colors, you could find almost any type of flower down here. Since we got here I get drawn to this place. My hands ran smoothly across the soft leaves, feeling already better about today.