My life, My friends.

Since my childhood my favorite part of the day is when the sky becomes dark. I have always been fascinated by the night. I used to go outside and spend hours just looking at the stars and the beautiful bright moon. But everything changes over time they say. Back then I was like twelve or less. Now with 17 years is all different, my mom left when I was born, leaving me with my father all alone, my father is a great man that works hard to maintain our luxurious stuff. But that also means he is never home. My aunt pretty much raised me, but she died two years ago, she was the mother I never had. It was a huge impact in my life, I even began to do drugs and party a lot. My best friend Jamie was the one to get me out of that dark hole, which I'm so thankful for.

I understand a lot of things now. It was a dark time back then, but I'm okay now. My dad owns companies in about 14 states. I'm not sure what his job is all I know is that he exports jewelry to other countries.

Music is my companion in the huge mansion I live, it occupies the space that others can't. It's already late September and I couldn't be happier, winter is just ahead and summer is fading away. Right now I'm sitting outside on the porch watching the night sky. Wishing on shooting stars that something good happens to me. Maybe I'm not worthy of it, but I can still dream. Tomorrow I have school which I like only because I get to see my friends and also I get to see her.

********

My alarm went off...

Ugh! Mondays.

Turning off my alarm clock, I got up and walked to my walk-in closet. I grabbed my long sleeve batman T-shirt with a pair of white ripped skinny jeans. My dad may have money, but I'm a very casual girl, high heels and dresses aren't really my thing, even though I still wear them for fancy dinners or parties. But that's really rare. Once in the bathroom, I took off my sleeping clothes, and turned on the hot water. When it was hot enough I stepped inside, letting the water cascade over my body and relaxing my tensed muscles. After a few minutes I began to wash my long black raven hair, shave everything and finally washed my whole body. I got out blow dried my hair and curled it. I don't wear too much make up so I just applied some black eyeliner so my green eyes could look more livid, mascara and the final touch watermelon lip gloss. I put on my clothes and walked to my closet to put on my yellow vans that match the symbol on my shirt. I took one more look at myself in the mirror, nodding in agreement with the way I look I went downstairs.

While heading downstairs, my phone buzzed, curious to know which of my friends had texted me, I drew the pattern to unlock it.

-Pick me up, please mom left for work early and Craig isn't going to school today .J.-

-Be there in 15, be ready. A-

Seeing the hour on my screen it reads 7:21, still having time to eat something I asked the cook to make me some french toast with a cup of coffee. After ten minutes Giovanni placed the food on the dinning table. I gave him a smile and said my thanks to him.

When I finished my orgasmic breakfast, I grabbed my book bag and the keys to my Dodge Challenger. I unlocked my car and threw my book bag on the back seat. Put caraphernelia by Pierce the veil on the background and soon was headed to Jamie's. The drive from my house to hers took about 25 minutes, but I got there in 10. When I arrived, she was already there waiting for me.

"About time, you're late". She said to me.

"Sorry, got caught up in traffic". I spoke shrugging my shoulders. Trying to look innocent.

"Bullshit Alex, you were late probably because you asked Giovanni to make you breakfast". At least she knew me well.

My laughter gave me up, she punched my arm and began to laugh with me.

Lucky for us school starts at 8:30 and the drive from Jamie's house isn't very long. We made small talk, mostly about Craig, J's boyfriend. Jamie and I have been best friends for a very long time.

Arriving at River Side, I parked my car in my usual spot that is next to Mark's truck. Getting out we were greeted by Mark and Penelope. Penelope hugged me and hugged Jamie as well. We were a total of five, but Craig isn't going to be joining us today. Mark is the serious one of our group, he doesn't share too much information and we don't push him either. Penelope is the girly girl from our group she is our little girl. She is blonde and has gray eyes. We say little because she is around 5'3 if not shorter. She is an amazing person that no matter what will make you feel better or at least she will try her very best. While Jamie is 5'7, well built body considering she plays volleyball, she is a bit tan with blue eyes and brown hair. She makes a cute couple with Craig, he is 6'2 with blonde hair and light blue eyes. He has muscles most probably because he is on the football team and that consists on a lot of training. Mark on the other hand is an inch taller than Craig, he has brown hair and has hazel eyes. Both of his arms are covered with tattoos, but he always covers them with long sleeve shirts and leather jackets. Mark moved here two years ago from Australia. He doesn't have the accent because he was raised here and only lived there for five years.

Craig and Jamie became an item three years ago, they've been going strong ever since. I'm very glad that my almost sister found a good guy like him. When Jamie began dating Craig I felt a little left out, that's when I met Penelope, we became really good friends, she became closer to Jamie when I hit rock bottom they were both there for me, of course Jamie knowing me since forever knew how to deal with me better.

Mark became closer to us thanks to Penelope and Craig, they had a group project at the start of the school year and Mark was new so he was assigned with them. Being the new kid we gave him a chance and he proved himself.

******

We began to walk to our lockers to grab our books, Penelope and I have the same class first, Jamie has Physics while Mark and Craig have Math. We made small chat and then went to our classes. I took a seat in the middle next to Penelope, I put on my earphones because we still have six minutes before class starts. I was singing to myself The drug in me is you by Falling in reverse, when she walked in leaving me breathless as always.