The bitter-sweet full moon

Alex's POV

October 22nd day of the full moon.

Tonight is the full moon. I feel on edge. I think I'm going insane. Like there is this force inside of me that wants to get out. I feel like screaming at the top of my lungs. I have never felt so energized. Marcus said that it was best for me to stay at the cabin and not attend school. Mark didn't go either. The minutes pass like hours and the hours pass like days. It was torture to wait. My body was aching. "Let's go for a run" Mark suggested. I think is a good idea since we feel like climbing walls.

We didn't even warm up before running. We just took running at full speed. The cold air was embracing my body. I only put on a sports bra and some shorts. We were running through the woods like some malignant force was up to catch us. Today I wanted to spend it with my dad since he was leaving for Brazil. But obviously I couldn't, not like this. We spend some amazing time together this past week. I wish it had lasted longer.

I was surprised with myself. I have been running for hours and I don't feel tired at all. Sweat is dripping from my forehead as if someone had thrown a bucket of water at my face. My leg muscles are burning, but is like the pain is necessary in order to forget the anxiety I'm feeling right now. After almost three hours of running, Mark suggested we go back. When we got back the pack was already there. Some of the guys were having wrestling matches in the mud including girls as well. Kylie was fighting as in an actual bare knuckle fuck your face fight. The guy was two times bigger than her, but she kept throwing punches. There was dried blood on both of their faces. She threw a kick which he caught. He began hitting it hard with his elbow, causing Kylie to wince in pain. Since he so big and she is so petite, she jumped on his back wrapping her legs around his waist. She snaked her left arm around his neck and put pressure with the other. I thought she was going asphyxiate him. His face was turning blue, but she didn't stop. Some girls were shouting at her to finish him. With his remaining strength he tried to fight her, but soon he fell on his back. He landed on top of her with his eyes closed. She actually put him to sleep. Such a big guy got put down by a small girl. She pushed his body off of her and wiped the sweat on her forehead with the back of her hand.

"This is their way of distracting themselves, it's also a good way to practice and show your skills". Marcus said with his hands behind his back. "I know you can feel it, soon it'll be over". I just nodded and he went to talk to Mark. I took a look at the hour, it's already 7:32 p.m.

"Alex! Come It's time". Marcus yelled at me. Mark looked angrily at his father, but didn't say anything. I wonder what did he wanted to say. I followed Marcus into the woods, I have no idea where he's taking me. I heard footsteps behind me. I turned my head to see who it was and it was Kylie, Bria, Raven and Mark. Bria gave me a small smile, which helped calm me down a bit.

We stopped in front of a gate that was far from the cabin and the town. It's close by the river where no one could see us or hear us. Marcus took out a pair of keys from his jean pocket. He unlocked the locks and motion for us to go inside. Mark went in first, followed by the girls then myself. It was a dark corridor that kept leading us deeper into the ground. There weren't any lights. The eyes of the wolves glowed yellow. I felt a soft hand grabbed mine to help me. I knew it was Raven's by her smell. There were dirt and water dripping from every single corner of the place, at least the parts that were visible for me. To tell the truth, it is pretty scary. Marcus stopped in front of another gate to the right and opened it. This time I was the first to go in. He flipped the lights on allowing me to take a better look at it. This room looks like people get tortured here. There were carvings all over the spacious room. Claw marks all over the floor. Huge chains attached to the wall. To the right corner was like a prison cell. The bars were thicker and look pretty much unbreakable.