Chapter 23- The news

Liam managed to pull Charlotte away from Celine and she soon broke down in tears.

My heart clenched to see such a strong willed girl to break down like this.

"My mom's bracelet...mom.." she mumbled in between her cries.

I immediately went over to her and pulled her in my embrace.

"Charlotte. Please don't cry." I said while rubbing her back. She put her arms around me tightly as she clung onto me.

"This was the last thing I had of hers.. It's broken.." She sobbed.

"How did this happen?" I asked her.

She pulled away from me and glared directly at Celine through teary eyes. "She did this! This bitch did this!" She pointed at Celine.

"No, I didn't! Why would I do that?" Celine retorted back. Even she had tears in her eyes while Damien was holding her.

"How is it broken then? It was perfectly fine when I left it in the room a few hours ago. When I returned, I found it on the floor, broken." Charlotte cried again and this time Liam pulled her into his arms, saying things to calm her down while he gently rubbed her back.

"But that doesn't mean I broke it!"

"Who else would do that then?"

Celine went quiet. She glanced at me and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Wait, when we left, no one was there in the house. Charlotte and Liam were out in the forest, Max was with his friends while you two were on a date. So, when you came back, was it broken?" Zack asked looking at Damien.

"We don't know. We didn't go in their room. When Liam and Charlotte returned, we were in the living room. Minutes later, she came fuming out of the room and attacked Celine. Shortly after, Max arrived and now you and Jennifer." Damien answered.

"You left the bracelet in your room?" I asked Charlotte who had managed to calm down.

"That bracelet is so important to me, Jen. I don't wear it all the time. I wear it only when I feel lonely or sad or when I miss mom because I don't want anything to happen to it." She replied. "I left it on the bedside table before leaving."

She glared at Celine again and pounced on her to scratch her face but Liam held her back just in time.

"You bitch! I will end you! I'll show you how you messed with the wrong girl!" She spat at her.

"Enough!" Damien yelled.

All the movement in the room stopped.

"I will not tolerate you insulting my girlfriend for something that she didn't do." He glared at Charlotte.

"Oh yeah? How do you know if she did it or not?!" Liam yelled back.

I was shocked. Charlotte was shocked. I looked at Zack and Max and they were shocked. Even Damien and Celine were shocked.

Liam was so sweet. He never retorted to anything that the guys said. But now-

"Were you with Celine the entire time you were back home?" He asked glaring daggers at Damien.

Damien hesitated but then shook his head. "I had gone out for a while to receive a call from one of my teammates."

"Celine, if you did this, please tell us." Max said in a serious tone.

"Of course she did this! Who else would do something like this?!" Charlotte yelled in frustration.

We all were staring at Celine who broke down in tears and covered her face. "Yes.. It was me who did this.."