vi - eburnean hair

Trigger Warning: food reluctance, detailed wound description(i think), scars

Word Count: 1581
______________________________________________
___________________

He couldn't fathom it.

He couldn't fathom it at all.

Tubbo never expected Tommy to find him out of all places, especially looking like this. Top to bottom, he looks like he's been through hell. His face expresses like he's seen a ghost forever haunting him.

After the mild breakdown he showed off to the taller boy, he urges to let him sit down near the fire, since the moment he touched him, he was deathly cold,

"You okay, big man? You never said anything to me this whole time."

The only reply is a long stare from Tommy, and Tubbo couldn't help but to find discomfort from him.

Tommy is never quiet. It's just far out of his character.

If this is the result of him being gone for months, then something must have happened to him right? Something really really bad, "Are..Are you okay? You can talk to me, you know..You know that..right?.."

Tommy didn't answer, but looked away from his words, Tubbo frowned at that.

What happened? What's wrong with him? Why-

Shaking his head, he gives up and backs off a bit. Maybe some space will do good to him.

Eyeing the leftover baked potatoes, he grabs one and hands it to his friend, "Um...want some? You look like you haven't been eaten for days.." His voice is shaky, trembling from the cold, as well as the shock he couldn't process all at once.

He still can't understand how this has happened, as well as how Tommy is acting.

The quiet one eyes the potato but doesn't seem to have any plans of taking it. His hands remain on the ground, his body frozen. Stomach growling, the urge to eat doesn't seem to push him to take the potato out of Tubbo's hand and take a bite of it.

That concerns the other, a whole lot. It'd be a problem if he's this unresponsive, "Please Tommy..you have to eat. You need to eat. For me. Please." He presses on this time, taking the other's hands to grab hold of the potato.

He did consider him to be a ghost, but he doesn't look transparent, nor has the attributes of being one like flying or able to go around walls like what a typical ghost would do. But him being different, and acting like a walking corpse..that is something he could clearly see,

"Toms, I swear I'll-"

His hand goes to the shorter one's head again, and there he's been given pets once more. Tubbo doesn't find it natural, but it's not like he can push him away.

By far, this is the closest interaction Tommy can give to him. And it feels like a waste avoiding all that.

Slowly but surely though, he accepts it and bites a piece. It was small, timid, but that let out a breath of relief from Tubbo. It would take a while, but at least he's there and can follow.

Smiling, he cautiously pats Tommy's shoulder, and glad that he didn't flinch away. He did get a bit too mindful with his environment though. His eyes has been watching the surroundings more than paying attention to his potato,

"Keep eating okay? You need it." He motivates him, before taking a clear notice of his state.

Other than being covered with bruises, and cuts, he is bleeding and requires medical assistance. At least he brought something for that matter, in case he gets hurt during his search. Thank his hypervigilant head.