xiii - reluctant comfort

Trigger Warning: descriptive flashbacks, dissociation, derealization, repressed memories, dissociative amnesia, bedrock bros

Word Count: 3124(i overdid it today sorry-)

______________________________________________
___________________

"Ah, so you're awake." It's no wonder the voices have been telling him that there are eyes on him.

Static.

Tommy's figure remains at the bottom of the ladder, frozen in seeing Technoblade in front of him. It wasn't in fear though, he was just..staring.

The pink haired man readjusts his mask and moves forward, despite the feeling of discomfort of being watched.

The voices have been doing a good job of that already..he doesn't need another voice from a boy that ought to be dead.

"Alright, Theseus..Uhh..you are going to be stuck with me today, whether you like it or not." He stops, finding this a bit weird; talking to someone that doesn't talk back, "So yeah, breakfast's at the kitchen..Help yourself, yeah." He awkwardly finishes before walking away, feeling warm on his cheeks.

God this is embarrassing. Babysitting a kid is the least thing he'd prefer to do.

He feels his eyes watching him as he leaves the house. Technoblade: known as one of the strongest people in the server, felt unsettled by a boy who he no longer recognizes. It's almost strange.

Clearing his mind off, he goes to the stables to check on the horses..internally disappointed of letting Phil ride on his beloved horse, Carl. He would have made him feel better for being stuck with some kid who seemed so dead.

Eyeing the stable with dull eyes, he grabs a brush and cleans a random horse. It's pointless, and this one doesn't exactly need cleaning, but it's something to work on; something to distract him.

The voices did go a little quiet due to that, but he heard the little mumbles on top of his head.

'This is stupid.'

'You're pathetic.'

'Hurt him.'

'He's watching you again.'

Twitching his pig ears at that statement, he looks back, and indeed sees Tommy stalking him by a corner.

It didn't really scare him this time, nor creeped him out, but annoyance is starting to get to him, "I did tell you to get something to eat. You look like a stick, and when I strangled you, you're like paper. Not to mention cold..it's like you're some ghost."

He begins to ramble, but didn't even realise it, "But unlike Ghostboo, you're no see-through. So I guess you're still alive..somewhere."

His attention remained at the horse, that is, until he looked up and saw Tommy even closer, "Bruh..you make a good horror movie, let me tell you that."

He chuckles, throwing the brush away from his hold, "Alright, Theseus. What do you want?" Obviously, Tommy has no plan to speak, which didn't really help Techno's temper,

"Oh right..can't talk." He sighs in defeat before walking back to the house, "Come on, let's eat together. Phil would kill me if you don't get to eat anything."

When he notices that Tommy follows from behind, he couldn't help but to smile under his mask, it goes to show he's listening.

oOo

"Phil left some pumpkin pie for you." Techno slides the plate of pie in front of the other, before munching some rough bread. His free hand holding a spoon that has his fresh potato soup.