xxiii - lily of the valley

Ivory – xxiii ; Lily Of The Valley

Created: 06.23.22

Finished: 06.24.22

Edited: 09.27.22 / 10.07.22

Published: 10.07.22

___________________

Trigger Warning: mentions of s/icide, death, torture, and revival,  dissociative amnesia, short seizure, full flashbacks, victim blaming, derealisation

Word Count: 3034 (disregard that)

A/N: I'm tired. Sorry I'm late. I'll post a chapter tomorrow to make it up for it. I don't think I did this chapter justice, but it is what is is. I'm sleepy. I finished the final outlines for the chapters I have to make..18 more, and I wish I could finish this before new year comes. Hopefully. I need to be more productive. At the same time, school. Help.

______________________________________________
___________________

"What am I supposed to do?.." Phil murmurs, getting deeper into the woods.

He needs some time alone, it doesn't really matter if it's lightly snowing. Perching his lantern upward, Phil continues to pass by the leafless trees; who bear no fruits or flowers.

Unfortunately, being in the arctic has its disadvantages, but he has no thought of leaving it at all. He has no feelings of missing out the warm parts of this world, seeing the aurora borealis is already good enough for him,

"The kid..he isn't safe. We don't even know if he's going to ever get better.." He continues, keeping his steps steady, as he gets inside the forest, aimlessly, "That seizure..that just makes us back to square one..I didn't even know his head got damaged like that-"

Groaning, he reaches a clearing, filled with a few flowers. He eyes them sadly, "I miss you..I wish..we're able to talk all the time."

The crows follow the old man but they refrain from making noises so he won't get disturbed. He frowns, kneeling down on a pile of snow, eyeing his surroundings,

"We met here..remember? Gods, it was such a long time ago. There's little to no flowers left now..I should have taken care of them.." He chuckles, closing his eyes..reminiscing the past.

"The living grow and eventually die. Nothing remains eternal in this world, my dearest angel..Never fret."

Phil widens his eyes, standing up quickly and looks around, "My love..I hear you.."

His smile reached his cheeks, he couldn't help but to find happiness during these dire times, "How I miss you, my precious little lily..what made you gone so long?.." He asks softly, checking any signs of her presence other than her voice.

The giggle is enough to jump him in joy, but he's far too old to do that..well he could try, "I miss you too. Many things have been happening from the above, my lovely avian..So many disturbances..I am sorry if I am unable to visit you as much as I used to.."

Phil frowns, "No- Never apologise..I know you don't mean to...You always visit me when you have the chance."

Kristin smiles, despite being in the distance. She knows well that Phil could never see her, "Of course I do, the deities' words could never stop me from my attempts in reaching you."

oOo

The two eventually talk for hours, to the point Phil didn't even mind how long he has been sitting on the snow, how late the night has gone.

If anyone would see him sitting on the floor, laughing and talking out of nowhere, might as well call this geezer insane.

But other than that, he knows well no mobs could reach him, Kristin always protects him whenever she visits,