xlv - beneath those smiles

Ivory - xlv ; Beneath Those Smiles

Created: 01.25.23

Finished: 01.25.23

Edited: 03.29.23 / 04.22.23

Published: 05.09.23

___________________

Trigger Warning: fading, false memories, death, revival

Word Count: 4091

A/N: Guess who's back, back again- weirdo's bac, tell a fren-

i am having an issue with a schoolwork at the moment, i wanna scream cuz gods i wish i have a printer that can print 40 pages worth of my work but good news is, final defense and exams are dead and gone so thats nice- i can finally go back to writing! it takes a while to get back to my pace but man, cant wait to get this book over it- i wanna actually write something elseXD am planning for hermitcraft empires stuff, but more leaning to life series and qsmp- yeps, am not straying far from the dsmp tho- theres a whole lot of concepts i wanna write about so will be working with it- anygay- will be making this a/n short- back to your weekly uploads- enjoy:D

(oh and also, always be mindful with the tenses- past means it already happened, or a flashback story-wise, present means its happening rn- anygay continue-)

______________________________________________
___________________

"Welcome to the Syndicate room, Tommy. Do you find this place familiar through Niki's memories?"

It's..a place he's never been here before. The walls, the tapestries, and..this table.

There's immense energy over the board, and he doesn't want to do anything with it,

"Do you, Tommy?" Ghostboo presses him again, which made Tommy shake his head.

He doesn't know this place at all, which made Ghostboo grin, "Indeed, instead of you accessing Niki's memories to know more about her, it went the other way around. She is something different, fascinating."

At this point, Ghostboo talking like that no longer surprises Tommy. It's just how they are...at least, he hopes, "We'll be safe here..I don't think Dream knows this place. As for that god, he most likely does."

What on earth is he talking about?

They don't look alright, they look like who they were when they are alive..at the same time, not.

It's like slowly and slowly, they're going back to the form that they used to be, but..not at the same time.

They look transparent, yet they look like they're alive; no longer floating, no longer passing through the walls.

"Tommy, I should ask you.." Ghostboo's voice is stern, Tommy does not find that appealing,

"How did you become like this? Like I get it I get it- It's being killed and revived I know- But still-" The ghost towers over him as Tommy steps back.

It's not like he's afraid, yet his feet move, his body almost reaching the table he doesn't want to touch, "It's like..how- How did you get to do that around people? Is it because the rest of your senses have deafened, therefore your sixth sense or whatnot has kicked in? Is it because you met someone that gave you this? Blessed you? Cursed you? Or is this all the product of being killed and revived..."

Clutching the table, Tommy feels cold..not just cold..as well as fear, "Have you got yourself in me before?" Tommy didn't respond, "You never connected with me before, have you?"

He slowly shakes his head, not liking this sort-of-looking confrontation.

The answer made Ghostboo smile wide, "That is probably because I'm not alive..yet."