xvi - father of crows

­­

Trigger Warning: descriptive torture(italics), derealization

Word Count: 2084

A/N: should upload often. school's coming up and the story's almost halfway from getting finished which is..ugh. some drafts are now edited and they can be published anytime. i should really get back my grinding phase two months ago.

______________________________________________
___________________

Only he can hear his voice, the voice that echoes around the cave walls..deep down inside the claustrophobic darkness.

Day after day, cut after cut..the child could only scream, and beg..internally pray that the gods could hear his pleas and make it all over.

If only it'd be over,

"Tommy...Tommy~" He called the kid, lifting his lousy head with his boot.

Raising his head slightly, the pale complexion of the child was the only thing that looks so pale against all the dark..exclude his eburnean hair..filling up his blonde locks,

"I know you can hear me, Tommy..how are you feeling?" He asked, softly..it always confused Tommy. In one second he can act a bit caring..then become a monster the next.

In time, he tended to think that Dream is the only one that cares for him, that is because no one seems to bother looking for him.

Only Dream visits, yeah, like back in exile, the good old days..no..bad..was it bad? No it was bittersweet- Wait no-

Annoyed that he was taking a while to say anything, Dream punched him off the stone he was leaning on and off his body plopped to the ground once more.

Biting his tongue to ignore the pain that was covering his body like a thick coat, he could only try to ignore him,

"Is this what it does to a person? Being constantly revived? How does it feel, Tommy? Being back from the dead? I didn't know it was possible to even revive a person that's already been revived..but I suppose the revive book can make anyone escape death." He chuckled, eyeing Tommy's state.

He did look..stranger than usual, but it didn't really matter to Dream much. This was beyond satisfaction to see him like this again. It was like exile all over again. But far far better.

"I wonder what's going to happen to that miserable life of yours if I'll keep going, I still have loads of ideas to-"

"Bastard.."

Dream blinked, in disbelief he'd hear that from his mouth, "What did you just fucking say to me?- Why, you still got the guts to say something!"

He grabbed hold of Tommy's neck, of course the other's hands crawl up to pull his grip away from his airway which was futile, "You look shit Tommy, you're a piece of shit-"

"I'm tired...of begging you not to hurt me. No one will save me, then might as well make your enjoyment in torturing me a bit more fun." He raised his bloodied face with a smile, his face almost turning blue, it didn't matter now though.

He knows well he was never going to make it, and this pain will eventually pass. Out of spite, he even spat some mixture of blood and spit at him, and that felt good,

"So fuck you, Dream. You're shit, you're one motherfucker- I hope karma bites your ass whole and so is your homeless self, you shitty-"

He was thrown away by a fuming Dream, his expression concealed by his known mask. Why should he be enraged? The kid can't even fight back.