xv - never question his loyalty

Trigger Warning: gore, mentions of revival and death, emerald duo, bedrock bros

Word Count: 2346

A/N: guesss who's back in grieving again. i miss him. hope you guys are doing okay.

______________________________________________
___________________

Getting inside with a shiver, the old man sighs in relief that he managed to get home safely. The cabin was dimly lit, almost eerily quiet.

Did the two go somewhere? That wasn't the plan.

Squinting his eyes to see better, he gets to Techno's flat and now knows where they are.

The fire's slowly trickling out, as Tommy and Techno are asleep on the carpet by the nearby fireplace. The piglin's large polar bear's been sleeping soundly as well, along with Edward's enderman noises in the background.

It's almost peaceful, anyone could eventually fall asleep with this. The old man only chuckled tiredly.

When all his attention looms around Tommy though, his heart almost stops. He remembers what he saw and could only gulp nervously.

Never in his hundreds of years alive he has ever seen something so horrific..of course he never did; his kind only lives once.

Clutching the ragged green scarf tight against his fist, he moves back to leave. Since he accidentally topple a book away from its place, Techno's ear twitches, startling him awake,

"Shit fuck- I had a good sleep, and you fuckin' ruined that and now I'm up for some blo-"

"Shut the fuck up Techno, it's just me-" Phil hisses, almost annoyed in worry the kid might wake up.

Techno takes a closer look despite his blurry vision of just being woken up, and sighs, relieved, "Fuck you, Phil..I had a nice sleep.." He groans quietly, lowering his sword,

"Calm yourself. You'd wake up the kid."

After a few more grumbles and adding more firewood for Tommy, the two leave to rest at Phil's room. Techno  pulls out a chair and takes his mask away, revealing his scarred face, but youthful complexion; he only shows his face around Phil, and rarely to Ranboo and Niki,

"How was the investigation?" He grumbles, drinking his tea. As always, the way Phil makes it is by far better, especially the hint of honey he adds. Nothing could beat his cookies too, it's just something out of this world,

"I got something. Took a while to get it, the area was wide and there were only a few caves, but some tend to get deep..so it really took a whole day to inspect all." He starts, biting a cookie,

"Snowstorm caught us so we had to get to the nearest cave we could find..I let Carl rest for a bit. Luckily the snowstorm didn't last all night, so we managed to get home."

It's apparently dawn, but the sun hasn't risen yet. Carl has been peacefully resting at his respective spot in the stables, "Techno..the cave we rested at was the cave we're looking for."

Tossing something at Techno, to which the other caught it with ease. With wide eyes, the piglin eyes the detail of it..aside from all the snow bits, there was blood, "Tommy's..This is Tommy's scarf."

Phil nods, jugging down his tea, "There was a sign of a campfire being established there, I don't know who crafted it, but it was something." He continues, looking down at his empty cup, "I went deeper with my torch, after I found the scarf, that is. I assumed there might be something more, but something felt weird."

Cringing, he takes the teapot and gives himself another round, "There was a vibe, the gods were watching me, Technnoblade..They told me not to follow my curiosity-"