ix - emeralds under aurora borealis

Trigger Warning: I don't think there's any for today. So yay.

Word Count: 1963
______________________________________________
___________________

"The kid's soon gonna bury itself if you ain't watchin' him."

His voice cuts through Phil's thoughts, making the old man raise his head.

It was a fair morning and Philza planned to take Michael elsewhere so the kid would experience some new scenery..well sort of a scenery, but hey, fresh air than nothing.

Since Technoblade has similar plans of going outside to grind some snow, the three went off first thing in the morning.

Chuckling awkwardly, he stands and picks up Michael that has been playing around the snow for a while, "Sorry mate, thinking about something is all."

Michael eyes Phil closely before trying to get away from his grip. Eventually, he lets him go to play around the pile of snow that has been stacked for hours on end,

"Ah, well keep in mind you babysittin' a kid around. Didn't know why you even agreed to all of this."

Phil narrowed his eyes at Techno's statement but didn't really say much about that. Only a sigh, "Isn't it a bit strange that Tubbo hasn't been back for weeks? Thought he'd at least be back this week or something."

He notices, before sitting down back on the white ground, "Should we be worried?"

Technoblade scoffs, he hasn't stopped mining his needs. But soon, his shulker boxes would reach their limit, "Tubbo's a tough kid. I shot his face head on with fucking explosives and still lived.well..lost a life, but still alive am I right? He stood anyway even when we blew up L'manburg to bits. He lost his husband yet got his son back."

Finally he's full and all done, "He'll get whatever he puts his mind to, doesn't matter what he's been through, Phil. He'll get what he wants. And most likely, he's not going home without Theseus by his side."

Phil nods at that, relieved at his words.

"Speaking of Tubbo..wonder where Ghostboo might be." Phil murmurs, eyeing Michael, "I know I'm supposed to do my job here, but man, having a kid's always been hard..I'm too old for this."

A thought cuts off his thinking before his mood goes south for a moment, "Still couldn't fathom the fact that one of the members of the Syndicate is a ghost haunting our fucking house."

Techno starts cleaning up before eyeing the kid forming some snowballs,

"What should we do about him?"

His friend shrugs, sits down with his friend, "Meh, I know I should find where Dream is at this point. With all the revival book shit going on, he could get back Ranboo. But that would mean I'd owe him again, which is a bother."

That made Phil laugh, a bright one that is, "Yep, I mean whenever you're planning to find Dream, I'll be looking forward Ranboo being back-"

Thoughts of Wilbur got through his head, it only made him form a frown though. It still hurts, only somewhere, "My son wasn't the same when he returned, Techno. No matter how much he tries to be who he was, he's a different person now. A man who's all alone in a train station for 13 and a half years is bound to change his whole character to cope with all that."

Technoblade plays with the snow for a bit, rolls it up to a ball and throws it at a distance,

"If we revive Ranboo, do you think he changed too?"

"He's bound to change Phil. And he should change..for the better that is." He grunts, throws another snowball, aimlessly. He's getting a bit bored,

"The boy can't stand up for himself, can't choose a side, his memory issues stunted his decision making as well."