Chapter 2

Yuki tugged at Sasukes coat, fixing the last of the buttons before she stepped back and straightened the shirt from underneath.
She smiled up at Sasuke when his clothing looked nothing short of perfect. When Yuki took a step away from Sasukes path to the door, the wood creaked inward, Naruto holding the door open as if having sensed Yuki was done with his highness.
Neither Yuki nor Sasuke commented on her inexplicable timing. Instead, Sasuke dragged his feet to the door where Naruto pushed him the rest of the way out. He grunted, shooting the General a glare over his shoulder.
Naruto dismissed the look as she began to lead Sasuke toward the dining hall. The younger highness yawned, dropping his hand to slide it within the pockets of his trousers.

"Naruto?"
"Yes."
"Why am I being summoned?"
Raising a brow, Naruto glanced over her shoulder. "You're just now asking?"
Sasuke glared at the question. "I was a little busy being kicked out of bed to ask."
Naruto merely rolled her eyes, "I wouldn't have kicked you out if you'd simply gotten up. And I know the summoning was not on your mind with a lady in your bed."
"That's hardly the point."
"It's a large point, actually." Naruto contradicted.
Sasuke scowled, "Why does Itachi want me?"
"To lecture you."
He wobbled, coming to an unsteady halt. Naruto pivoted on her heel, raising another brow at him.

"He's going to lecture me?" Sasuke nearly paled. It was one thing to have Naruto lecture him, seeing it happens so much, but Itachi? Sasuke couldn't remember the last time Itachi had even raised his voice at anyone.
"Yes. His majesty has caught wind of your new guest and seems to have finally gotten tired of it."
Sasuke blinked, then scoffed. "I don't believe you."
Naruto shrugged, beginning to walk through the corridor once more. Sasuke trailed after her, contemplating if Naruto was telling the truth or if it was one of her terrible jokes. He couldn't tell.

Grabbing a handle of the double doors to the dining hall, Naruto threw it open and grabbed Sasukes arm, pulling him forward. He tripped, catching himself before falling to the floor. And sadly, gaining the attention of the three already in the dining hall.
He looked over, catching his brothers eye. Naruto shut the door, the heavy wood slamming behind her before she forced Sasuke forward. Pulling out the chair on Itachis left, Sasuke reluctantly sat. Mentally preparing himself for this 'lecture' Itachi is apparently going to give him.

It never came.

Instead, Itachi raised a brow at Naruto in querie to his younger brothers tension. Naruto copied his action, looking as innocent as she possibly could be.
Itachi looked at his brother and smiled.

"Sasuke," He started. Sasuke tensed worse at the cautious tone Itachi took on. "I would like to speak with you about a.. delimna we as a family have come to."
Sasuke glanced up at Naruto. She avoided his gaze, instead speaking quietly into Shisui's ear. The chaplain seemed to be taking her word seriously. He turned his attention back to Itachi.

"Marriage."

Everyone stopped. Naruto and Shisui looked at Itachi, both of their attention now locked on his majesty.

"I talked with Naruto earlier, and Izumi and I have come to the agreement that it is time you find a wife."
Sasuke looked at Izumi. She nodded, confirming his worst nightmare.
"Itachi-"
"And this isn't up for discussion, Sasuke. A man your age would already have a child or two, but we have allowed you to dawdle, in a sense. We have already discussed bachelorette's that would possibly be interested-"
"Itachi-"
"We will be sending out letters to those families this afternoon. I'm sure most will accept as you are a prince, second in line to a throne or not, your title is one many are interested in-"
"Itachi!"

All in attendance turned to Sasuke.

"No."

Itachi frowned, the corners of his lips tugging down. He looked to his wife, then back at Sasuke.
"This isn't your decision, Sasuke. As you are now twenty, it is no longer something we can put off. Some have already begun to talk. We've allowed you time to act like a child, but now..." Itachi looked to Naruto for assistance.
She carried on, "Your twenty, your highness. Those outside the kingdom are beginning to question, especially with no heir to the throne. As of now, you'll have to play your role as the second prince. A marriage will be a front, an act if you'd like to call it such. But for the kingdom to thrive, a heir will need to be born."