Chapter 48

Naruto watched as Sasuke tumbled up the stairs and practically flopped into the chair. She watched as he touched his feet and groaned.

"Why would you let that sinful woman make me to dance with her?" He hissed.
"I was to occupied with Shin."
He grumbled and put his foot back on the ground.

Sakura came up and bowed. "Would you like to dance your highness?"
"It's like deja vu." Sasuke sighed and stood.
"Your more corporative this time." Naruto stated before he was completely out of ear shot.
Sasuke rolled his eyes as he passed Itachi and Izumi on the stairs.

"It's like deja vu." Itachi murmured.
Naruto moved Shinjiro to Sasuke chair and looked at him.
"But he's more corporative."
Itachi nodded. "Yes, much more corporative."

A whistle came from the bottom of the stairs and Naruto looked over to see a tall man with dirty blonde hair and one green eye, and one brown eye. He was looking up at her as he raised his hand.
Naruto glanced back and saw Izumi already had Shinjiro in her arms. She walked down and Hinata smirked.

"What are you trying to do?"
"Part of seduction is jealousy Hinata."
"Oh you nasty girl."

Naruto took the man's hand, but as soon as their fingers touched, she felt incredibly uneasy.
The man smiled noticing the change in Narutos eyes.

He took her to the dance floor and grabbed her waist. He was checking for weapons as he grabbed her hand. Naruto grabbed his bicep and he began to lead them with the rest of the circle.
While everyone chattered around them, they simply stared at each other.

"... what? Not going to say hi to a long lost friend?"
Naruto didn't respond. She was trying to place a name to this face, then it clicked.
He pouted. "Naruto so mean. Always giving the silent treatment."
"What are you doing so far away from Iwa Malcom?"
"No ill intention if your thinking that."
Naruto licked and bit her bottom lip. How much she wanted to break his neck right now.
"What? Nervous I'm going to hurt your prince?"
"Do attack him please, I'd love a reason to kill you."
"Oof Naruto. Your words are so hurtful."
He pushed Naruto against his body and felt the chest plate underneath her dress.
"Although not stupid." He murmured.
"I'll ask you again Malcom. What the hell are you doing so far from Iwa?"
"Hm. Well I heard that an amazing girl named Uzumaki Naruto was the general of the fire and thought how this girl just couldn't be the innocent cry baby I had taken care of..." He smiled. "So I came here and low and behold, you are Uzumaki Naruto. I guess selling you for money wasn't good enough to get rid of your cursed ass."
"Ah." Naruto pouted. "I wasn't the one who told you to jump in front of the crazy merchant. That was your doing."
"And yet I don't see you using your blood to help me... or was I just not special enough?"
"I was six-years-old Malcom. I didn't know half of what I do now."
"You knew you had the nine tail beast. You told me along with who you really are." Malcom glanced up and Naruto could feel Kushinas eyes.
"I was young and naive. Your betrayal taught me not to trust people, bravo Malcom."
He grunted and stopped all their movement. Grabbing a hold of Narutos chin, he pressed his lips on the side of her cheek.
"You've made so many enemies Naruto. With my little story I've been able to do wonders in the Underworld... and all under Orochimarus nose. So I truly do want to say thank you for that. You've given me another chance to live, live a life people like us can only hope to accomplish."
"Good for you. But let me tell you one thing before you brag further about your life Malcom, if Orochimaru hasn't caught wind of you, that means your not important."
Malcom pulled Naruto away to see that fake pity lacing a used-to-be-sweet smile.
"But Malcom I would like you to meet someone." Naruto said looking over his shoulder.
He narrowed his eyes at her, and turned to see not only Yakushi Kabuto but also a small child and a man-like snake, Orochimaru.
His eyes momentarily widened at the threes appearance.
Naruto moved her hand up Malcom's arm till she was standing beside him. "Malcom I'd like you to meet my parents and little brother. Kabuto, Mitsuki, Orochimaru, I'd like you to meet Malcom, the kind soul who brought me to you."
He looked at her as if she was crazy. Orochimaru licked his lips and smiled.
"He seems very kind hebi."
"Pater we're in public, you can't hurt him for talking to onii-chan like that." Mitsuki murmured.
Orochimaru waved a hand and held it out for Naruto to take.
"It's only fitting to dance with your father Naruto." He smiled.
Naruto took his hand and looked back at Malcom. Smiling she said. "It was nice to see you again Malcom. Maybe next time we can have dinner, I'd love to hear how high in rankings you've come in the Underworld."