Chapter 3

Over the next week, Sasuke had become a professional at doing two things.
One: ignoring his elder brother
Two: pissing Naruto off

How you may ask? Easy.

Early in the morning, six days after Itachi had brought up marriage and Naruto had sent the letters to each selected family- a woman was quite literally thrown into the middle of the corridor, only half dressed. Those in the corridor froze, and some had to skip over her before they toppled along.
Looking into the bedchamber, you could see Naruto picking up a pair of dingy slippers and throwing them out after the woman before the audible slamming of the heavy door.

Inside, she continued to face the door. Counting down from five. She then spun on her heel and walked to the edge of the bathtub Sasuke had lowered himself into.
He looked as horrid as he did every morning, the hangovers becoming more severe with the amount of alcohol he's been trying to drown his liver with.

When he looked up, his unfocused eyes met the glare of Narutos.

"What is the matter with you?" She nearly shouted.
Sasuke groaned, sinking further into the water as Narutos' tone of voice brought another meaning to the word 'aching'.
"Another woman! A prostitute no less!" Naruto exploded. "It was bad enough when you were bringing them around once every few days! It's every time now, Sasuke! Every time!"
"Please stop yelling." He muttered, wincing at his own voice.
Naruto scowled. "This is ridiculous. You may not be happy with his majesty's decisions, but that does not mean you act like this. You are an adult. You are a fucking prince!" She all but seethed, "And this attitude is not how a prince should be acting."
Sasuke only groaned louder. His hands staying on his face to try and cover the suns venomous rays.
"Honestly," Naruto sighed. Covering her forehead from her own growing headache. "Your highness you can not continue such behavior when the high ladies arrive. It'll look unbecoming, and many of these families are already weary of your actions. Making the decision to marry off their daughters to you is already hard enough, much less knowing you have not grown from your ways."
Sasuke rubbed at his face, clearly ignoring Naruto. A vein throbbed in her jaw.

"YOUR HIGHNESS!"

"Fuck! I get it!" Sasuke screamed, covering his ears as Narutos shrill tone made him irk with the feeling of needing to vomit.
She grabbed a bucket, placing it near his reach. "I don't believe you do!" Naruto snapped, growing as tired as Sasuke looked. "We've got word the first of the lot will be arriving in two days time. I expect all of this to stop by than, be it having you at my side day and night or bolting your damn windows to the sill."

A moment passed, and then Naruto left. Practically throwing her hands in the air when Sasuke only continued to hide his face from the sun.
When the door slammed, Sasuke moved his hands from his face, instead taking the towel Yuki held out to him and put it over his eyes.
Silence passed through the time as Yuki washed Sasuke clean, then dried and dressed him.

She went to open the door, but his highness called out to her.
Yuki turned, "Your highness?"
He sighed, pulling a hand through his hair before looking at the maid. "Do you think she'll actually make me stay by her side day and night... or bolt my windows?"
Yuki smiled, the wrinkles at her eyes creasing. "I believe the General will do whatever she sees fit."
Saying that, she left, passing Naruto on her way out. Naruto held the door open, looking at Sasuke expectantly.

He hesitated, before walking out of the room. She began to follow him to the dining hall, where Itachi and Izumi would surely still be.
Time passed in silence. Naruto too focused on maintaining her wrath, with Sasuke too scared to even speak with her.
They arrived shortly at the dining hall doors. Naruto wrenched one of the heavy wooden doors opened and held her arm out for Sasuke to enter first. He did, hurrying along before Naruto had an excuse to manhandle him.