Chapter 51

March 23rd

Today was the day.
Today is chaotic. People coming into the palace, servants making last arrangements. The bride and groom no where to be found but the guests knowing they were only getting ready.

With Sasuke was Shisui, Itachi and Obito.
With Naruto was Izumi and Hinata.

With the girls

Hinata finished Narutos eye shadow and smiled.

"You look gorgeous with make-up. We'll have to put you in it more after today."
"No."

Naruto was already having enough trouble trying to accept she won't be a knight after ten years of her life and all that work she did to just be a respected woman in the knight hood. She also had to deal with Izumi constantly cooing over her wedding dress. A seamstress Naruto had seduced once or twice had been more than willing to make her dress... it was safe to say he went a bit overboard.

Shinjiro grabbed the fabric of Narutos robe. She looked down to see his hand back in his mouth.

"I hope your ready because I'm not."
Shinjiro smiled and giggled. Naruto looked back at Hinata who was running a brush through her hair.
"You think I'll be able to be a good wife?"
"With your bossy attitude you'll always have Sasuke around your finger."
Naruto hummed and looked back at the mirror.

With the boys

"Very handsome sire."
Sasuke grunted and looked in the mirror. These were the heaviest and most extravagant clothes he's ever worn. He rubbed his left ring finger absentmindedly and Itachi raised an eyebrow.
"Is something wrong little brother?"
"Nervous jitters."
"You know that women call that cold feet." Obito stated.
"My feet are perfectly warm."
"It's a figure of speech Sasuke." Shisui smacked his elder brothers head. "Everyone's nervous when their getting married. Don't worry you'll do fine."
"I'm just nervous about what'll happen during the wedding. Narutos seemed on edge since the proposal."
"Nonsense." Itachi fixed his brothers tie. "Your just reading too deep into her unsteadiness about not being a knight anymore."
Sasuke sighed. "I'm nervous she won't walk down the aisle just for that reason. More than half of her life she's been a knight or has been fighting... to go back to just being a princess..." He trailed off.
"Naruto can handle herself Sasuke. Don't think about her, just think about the gorgeous woman who will walk down the aisle."
"So Naruto." Shisui grunted.
"Yeah but not the general one."
The other three men rolled their eyes.

Sasuke looked back at the mirror and fixed his hair.

"I'm just thinking if I don't stand at the alter than I won't know if she's not going to walk down."
"Your an idiot." Itachi snapped.
"What?! It would be easier than looking like the fool."
"So you'd rather make her the fool?"
"She'll still be a knight if she doesn't marry me so if she doesn't walk down the aisle we could easily stay away from one another."

One of the other three men went to argue with his conclusion. But the door bursting open and Sasuke being pinned to the wall with his over coat held in small hands and a small blonde woman looking at him dangerously. Stopped them all.

"You humiliate me Uchiha I'll make your life hell."

The three men ran out of the way as Naruto stormed out and slammed the doors. Itachi looked at Sasuke who was still pinned to the wall in shock.

"Does that answer your question?"
"... yeah. Yeah it does."
"Hey it's what they say. Don't mess with the General unless you want your balls cut off."
Obito shivered at the saying. "Such a scary woman."

Back with the girls

Naruto entered the room again, looking more calm than she left. Hinata gave her a wary look.