Chapter 9

Naruto stood near the door, arms crossed and attention on him.

"No, again, your highness." The tutor snapped the stick on his shins. "One, two, than you twirl the lady."
"Which one? The dust or the air?"
Sasukes tutor glared at him. "That attitude won't get you anywhere."
"If I have nothing to lead me than how am I supposed to know where to step exactly?"
"Use your imagination."

A snort.
Both Sasuke and his tutor looked Narutos way. She looked up, feeling their eyes. Raising a brow, the tutor scowled.

"Do you have something you'd like to say, chaplain?"
Naruto tilted her head. "Am I supposed to?"
"If you are laughing, than surely you have something to say?"
Naruto shrugged, "Would you truly like that question answered?"
The tutor scowled. "Speak up if you have something to say."

"Alright," Naruto nodded. "Your teaching him wrong."
"What?" The middle-aged man scoffed.
"First of all his posture is all wrong." Naruto appeared beside Sasuke, slapping his hands down and forcing his feet shoulder-length apart. "Second of all, the dance your teaching doesn't even exist." She circled him, taking both of his hands. Placing one of her back and the other twisting their fingers together. "Third, he leads so why is he looking down?"

Naruto looked at Sasuke, "Lead me, your highness. I won't step on your feet."
Sasuke stared, seeming in awe, and when he went to answer- sunlight cursed the earth.

Slapping his hands over his face, Sasuke glowered as he turned onto his stomach.
"Morning, your highness. How's the hangover?"
He glared at the smirking woman in front of him. "Fuck you."
"No thank you." Naruto crossed her arms. "I'm happy to report I haven't kicked a woman out of your bed this morning."
"Oh hurrah."
"It certainly is, especially seeing how you drank alcohol."
Rolling his eyes, Sasuke pulled the blanket over his head. "Give me a few more minutes won't you? I was dreaming before your devil-self spawned in."

"No can do." Naruto grabbed the blanket and yanked it back. Sasuke shuddered as cold air washed over his body.
"Her highness, Temari has requested you for brunch in Saimurachi. I've allowed you to sleep in long enough."
"I doubt that."

Wordlessly, Naruto reached across and pulled at Sasukes shirt. He fell to the floor, just beside Narutos feet with a loud thump.
He groaned, wrapping his arms around himself as pain shocked through his body.

"Why must you always do that?"
"Because it's satisfying." Naruto stepped back, walking to the door to allow Yuki in. "We have to meet her highness in town in half an hour. So, do us all a favor your highness, and get up."
"I think you become worse every morning."
"I'm feeling very good this morning, actually."
"I shouldn't have said anything," Sasuke breathed. Naruto ignored that.
"It's incredible how good my mood is when there's no bitch to throw out."

"That's quite the statement, General."
"Only if I haven't been doing it for nearly six years."
Sasuke rolled his eyes as Yuki hummed. The maid couldn't exactly argue with that.

Naruto walked out, leaving the two to their own devices. Yuki smiled at Sasuke as he undressed and dipped into the bathtub.

"How is your morning, your highness?"
"Splendid." He huffed. Yuki sent him a sympathetic smile.
"Tilt your head."
He did.

Thirty minutes later, Sasuke was hopping off a mare Naruto had saddled while he was busy getting ready. Naruto jumped down right beside him, taking both reins and tying them to a thick wood pole.

"What is this place?"
"It's a small café." Naruto turned to him, "It's quite popular with the ladies- I can't wait to see if any recognize you."
"Why? To embarrass me?"
"That would be a bonus."
Sasuke rolled his eyes.

Moving through the crowded streets, they climbed the steps and to the door of the café. Opening the door, Sasuke stepped in as an obnoxious cow-bell rang with Naruto steady on his heel.
Conversations dwindled as they walked into the threshold, but quickly resumed at the flash of Narutos metal sword.
She directed him to the back where stark red hair and blonde mixed with only the best of fabrics.

"Your highness." Naruto greeted when they were close to the ear. Gaara and Temari look over. Temari smiled and stood.
Gaara was quick to follow and stepped from his seat.
"Good morning, General, your highness."
"Morning," Sasuke bowed his head.

Both sat, and Naruto bowed to Sasukes ear.
"Don't make a scene."
"Naruto." He looked at her.
"Just making sure you know what not to do."
He glared, "I'm not a child."
"Are you sure about that?"
"Just go away."
Naruto stood, 'Watch your words.' She mouthed.
"Oh my gods," Sasuke breathed.

Temari giggled as Naruto retreated. Gaara followed her, raising a brow just before she turned.

"Where are we going?" He asked.
"I'm going over there."
"I'll follow."
"You don't have to."
"On the contrary, making sure her highness is safe is my top priority."
"Are you mocking me?"
"What would give you such an opinion?"
Naruto scowled at his smirk.

Sitting down at one of the abandoned tables, she leaned back in the hardwood. Gaara sat across from her.
Silence stretched between them. Gaara sighed, leaning forward to rest his chin on top of the rough leathers of his backhand.

"Naruto." "Yes?" "While they talk, I would like to converse with you."
"About?"
He looked at her annoyed. "It's as if your trying to test my patience."
"What would ever give you such a thought?"
"I'm interested in talking about one thing, Naruto. And that is our marriage."
"What marriage?" She asked.
"Our marriage. The one delayed for four years."
Naruto sighed, leaning back in the chair. "I have no plans to marry, General."
"Well I do."
"Seems we're at an impasse than. If your looking for a lady to marry, might I suggest the other Wind princess. Or perhaps one of the other eighteen girls currently at the palace- possibly the Tsuchis daughter. You have much in common."
"I don't want any other woman, Naruto. When I made that deal with your parents-"
"The king and queen. They haven't been my parents since they gave me to you." Naruto snapped, nearly snarling. She narrowed her eyes at Gaara, "I'm well aware of your reputation, your majesty-"
"As a princess-"
"I ran away from that title." Naruto interrupted him. "I became a general and that is who I am. You want a princess from the Kuni kingdom. I am not one- not since I were eleven years old. I understand the predicament you seem to be in, your majesty. But maybe instead of chasing me around, you should be negotiating with his and her majesty of Kuni."
"I couldn't give less of a fuck about Kuni." Gaara hissed, catching the attention of others around.
Naruto raised a brow, leaning forward to Gaara boldly. "Than what do you give a fuck about, General? Or majesty? Or whatever your title is?"
"My agreement to have you."
"I'm not to have. Not when I was six, not when I was ten, and surely not now. I suggest you pick another knight to talk with, General, because I am simply here for his highness. This has nothing to do with me."
"You think I'm here because I care to strengthen bonds with Konoha?"
"Even if you were, I am much too smart to allow his highness to pick your sister."
"Is it because you want him? That.. prince, as you call him."
"Why is it all about relationships with you people? I was tasked to watch him, that is all."
"Really?"
"Yes."
"I don't believe you. Not for a second, Naruto."
"Believe what you like, General. But I am not one to mix work with personal feelings."
"No, you'll just run away when it does mingle."
Naruto tilted her head, "I am not ashamed of what I did. Not now, and not than. I'd do it all over if given the chance."

Sighing, Gaara sat back. "Than what do you want Naruto?"
"Nothing."
"I doubt that."
"Why? Because I seem so self-centered?"
"Because your a woman."
Naruto pulled back, scowling in absolute disgust. "Maybe it's you who wants something, sir. Like a warm body in your bed." She stood, and walked to Sasuke.

He looked up when her hand met the back of his chair.
"When your done, I'll be outside."
Sasuke stared, watching as Naruto left the café. Temari shook her head across from him.

"So Sasuke, is Naruto any fun outside of work?"
He looked back to Temari. "Never seen her out of duty."
"Really?" Temari tapped her chin, "Interesting." She smiled. Sasuke raised a brow.