Chapter 46

Hinata looked at Naruto after Sasuke walked out looking dazed.

"Who took the ring?"
"Sakura."
She tilted her head at Narutos mood change.
"Is something wrong Sir Uzumaki?"
Naruto sighed and shook her head. She grabbed the rope from Hinatas hands and tied it securely.
"You can tell me Sir Uzumaki. I won't tell anyone."
Naruto looked at her annoyed. "Do I seem like the type of person who cares to share feelings?"
"Well... n-no.. but y-you can share t-them with me."
Naruto rolled her eyes and looked at Hinata. "I'd rather his highness not marry, is that bad?"
Hinata could tell Naruto was messing with her, but she took the question into deep consideration.

"Well... do you like him?"
"It's impossible for Sasuke and I to even consider being together."
"Sir Uzumaki just because your a future queen doesn't mean you can't find love. If you love him, then marry him. If you don't love him than you don't have to say yes. Right now your a knight, the general, your not some princess with all her royal duties and you certainly don't need to think about anything but your happiness."
"I may not care what my family thinks but I know they'll give Mito my position as future queen if I ever thought about taking Sasuke for myself."
Hinata waved a hand. "I haven't spent ten years of my life as a maid just to watch you lose what you ran away from your family for Naru-chan. If you really do want to get something, do it, my family will have your back the whole way."
Naruto sighed. "I took an oath to always keep the royal family happy. Taking that away will make one of them very upset."
"Who cares. You've given enough up for now, be a little selfish and be a bitch."
Naruto blew her loose bangs from her face. "I hope you wont change your mind on that."
Hinata smiled and cupped her cheeks. "Don't worry. Best friends even after death."
Naruto smiled.

~~**~~

Sakura stopped around a turn in the corridors when she saw Sasuke leaning against the door of her chambers. She gulped, did he know?

She walked up to him and Sasuke looked up. He didn't look one bit happy. He held his hand out expectantly.
Sakura glanced up at him, and hesitantly, put her hand in his. Sasuke dropped her hand and held his palm up again.

"Don't play games. I'm not in the mood."
She gulped. "I-I don't know what your talking about."
"Do I need to tear your clothing off of you? I have no problem doing that."

Sakura pushed her body against Sasukes.
"I'll let you take my clothes off any time."
Sasuke shoved her off. "Give me my fucking ring." He snarled.
Sakura winced. "I-I don't have it."
"Bullshit. Naruto told me everything. Now give it."
Sakura clenched her hands. 'Fucking bitch' "She's just putting the blame on me Sasuke-kun. I would never take your ring, especially when your going to propose to me with it."
"That's the wedding ring. Give it to me."
"I told you I don't have it."
"I can see the felt of the box sticking up from your dress."
Sakura looked down and cursed inwardly. She tried to push the ring back down but Sasuke grabbed her hand. He went to take it out of her hand when it was suddenly gone.

Sasuke looked each direction of the corridor and saw Naruto holding it at the end of it.

"Naruto give me the box!"
"I don't think I want to." She ran her finger over the felt. "What does the ring look like? Gold? Sparkly?"
Sakura went to ask why she told Sasuke on her, but the Uchiha was already running after Naruto. She dodged his grasp and began to run down the opposite side of the corridor.
"This isn't a fucking game Naruto!"

Sakura jumped out of the way as Sasuke passed her to chase after Naruto. The people still in the palace, had to jump out of the way as two very fast people came running through.
Sasuke tried to grab Narutos sweater but she jumped up and kicked the wall. Sasuke watched, his mouth gaped as Naruto flipped over him and landed on her feet perfectly. She than took off in the other direction.