Chapter 35

"And I said I wouldn't be leaving without you."
Naruto peered through her lashes up at Gaara. His green eyes staring through the top of her head.
He grabbed her chin and forced them to meet eyes.
"You should just be happy I'm not burning this place down to force you back to Sunagakure with me Naruto. I was promised your hand in marriage and have waited five extra years for you."
"I hadn't expected you to be so heart felt Gaara."
He sneered and pulled her closer by the nape of her neck. "I'm not." Shudders ran through Narutos spine.
"Using the one tail to intimidate me... smart but it won't work."
"Your drawn to me, don't act a fool."
"Every beast is drawn to one another. It's been that way since they were made."
Narutos ears rang as a low rumble came from Gaaras gut.
"You may be the vessel of the nine tailed beast but with that great power, you can't control yourself forever." She closed her eyes as Gaaras breath casted against the shell of her ear. "You may hide your cravings well... but holding such a beast you crave things.. things others can't understand."
Naruto shoved her arm against Gaaras chest.
"What cravings?"
Gaara watched as Naruto passed him, shoving their shoulders together harshly. But turning around he smirked and pushed a wave of energy from his stature. He looked over his shoulder as Naruto wavered and breathed in the tempting scent.

A low grumble came from within her, but she ignored it and continued to walk. Temari walked passed her unnoticed and she followed Naruto with her eyes.

"Your playing a dangerous game Gaara. If you continue to tempt the nine tail, she may just loose control. That's how our whole clan died remember?"
Gaara glared down at his elder sister. "That's why Kushina should count it a blessing she's still alive." He growled and walked from Temari.
Shaking her head and rubbing her palm on her forehead, she followed him down the corridor.

Naruto opened the dining hall and Kushina instinctively looked up, smelling the one tail on her daughter.
Naruto walked up to Itachi and whispered something in his ear. Itachi than whispered to Izumi and she stood. Smiling, Izumi grabbed Narutos hand for reassurance and walked out.

Naruto rubbed the side of her head, trying to get rid of the nausea she was feeling when Shisui grabbed her shoulder and whispered something into her ear.

"Where are the documents?"
"On your desk."
Naruto nodded and walked out of the dining hall. Shisui and Itachi shared a concerning look. But they quickly tried to vanish it from their thoughts; Naruto wouldn't take too kindly to them snooping around her private business.

~~**~~

Hinata and Anastasia looked up from their girl talk about what Anastasia would name the baby; when the door opened. They had expected it to be Naruto and for her to engage in the conversation but found it quite a surprise when Izumi walked through the door.
Izumi smiled, sensing she had ruined a good atmosphere.

"Am I intruding on anything? I don't mean to be a bother."
"No your doing no such thing your majesty."
Izumi giggled and lifted the bottom of her dress to make sure it wouldn't get wet from the water that had splashed on the floor.

"I'm actually here to talk to you.. Anastasia."
Hinata pulled a chair for Izumi to sit in and she happily took the offer.
Anastasia looked surprised. "Oh... usually your wanting to talk to Naruto."
"Well I did talk to her first about this matter I'm not going to lie... but she had made a valid point that it was not her who was to decide what I'm about to ask."
Anastasia looked at her confused, though she couldn't deny the fear growing from the pit of her stomach.
"I know it's a very fragile and sensitive thing to say.. and bring up. But Naruto has told Itachi and I you are aware you may... pass away after giving birth?" She hadn't meant for it to come out as a question but she felt very awkward and ashamed talking about this. Usually when adoption was on the table the mother didn't want the child or the parents were dead and the child was sent to an orphanage. This special occasion, was exactly that... special.
Anastasia frowned but nodded for Izumi to go on. Izumi took a deep breath and held her wedding band.
"She also told us that she informed you we were willing to adopt."
Anastasia's head instantly popped up. Her heart fluttering with what could only be described as hope.
"You would want to adopt my child if I passed?"
"Only if you passed. We wouldn't want to take your child from you, that would only leave us with guilt and a bitter taste in our mouths."
Anastasia smiled. "Naruto had said you'd be willing to take in my child as your own... but I hadn't taken her seriously."
Izumi sighed. "Oh well I'm happy to hear Naruto seems to have everything under control per always."
Anastasia giggled. "I would be very grateful to know my child was safe if I wasn't with them." She smiled. "But that refers to Hinatas and Is' conversation. We were thinking up boy and girl names."
Izumi smiled. "Are you going with more traditional or non-traditional names?"
"I don't know. Hinata says she likes the name Lily but that's such a Kuni native name. If my child is going to be born here I'd like them to have a name unique to this kingdom."
"Hm... so your hoping the child's a girl?"
"Well either gender is fine. We just couldn't decide on a boy name."
"Shinjiro is a good name for a boy. It means true and pure."
"Mm.. I like the meaning but would anyone take the name Shinjiro seriously?"
"They take Sasuke seriously enough."
The trio didn't skip a beat to giggle. Izumi found it more amusing, having practically watched Sasuke grow up as one of the maids daughters but Sasuke had made a name for himself, even if Anastasia didn't know him truly personally.