Chapter 43

A week later the snow storm had finally calmed and stopped to show the glistening untouched snow. It is one of Izumis favorite things, to look out the window and see the untouched gorgeous white snow in the back gardens.
Her spirit had only brightened since than and with the birth of her child. Kushina had kept commenting on how Shinjiro looked nothing like the two newly parents but one word from Naruto and her comments had stopped.

Sasuke had walked into his room on the 16th to see a wrapped box on his desk. It looked untouched and when he opened the box, there the ring box was, holding Sasukes customized wedding ring.
He had stashed it in one of his winter coats and made sure to blend it in with the rest of his coats. No one would surely look there for the ring. And he was right, no one's found the ring (or made any sign they were looking).

Sakura was getting frantic as a rumor had rose in the palace that Sasuke had finally chosen which girl to propose to. No one knew it wasn't one of the two women except for Izumi and Naruto. That's why Sasuke let the rumor slide.
Mito was walking around the palace like she was already Sasukes wife. Telling people what to do and talking down to Narutos knights like they were play things. She was getting many complaints about the issue and had every intent to talk with Minato about it, seeing he seemed to be the only one who'd listen to her by this point.

It was lunch on November 19th. A Saturday. Mito was babbling on to her parents and glancing at Sakura with a smug victorious look as she described her and Sasuke-kuns perfect wedding. Kushina seemed to be intrigued with her choice of arrangements while Minato was trying to understand how both of the women knew Sasuke would choose Mito.
He loved his daughter but Sakura was a very gorgeous woman as well.

Naruto handed a bottle to Izumi and she was very grateful. Naruto always seemed to know what Shinjiros needs were and always was ready to inform her or help her. Of course if that meant she didn't touch him, no one understood why Naruto wouldn't hold Shinjiro.

A group of knights walked into the dining hall with their bags and armor off but bulky clothes on.

"Going?"
Kiba nodded. "Yeah most of us don't live too far away but we still want to make it before the sun sets."
"Be careful, the clouds heading our way don't look too friendly."
"Hai."

The group bowed and walked out. Itachi smiled at Naruto.

"More than half of your knights gone Naruto. What will you do?" He teased.
"I'll manage. It'll be easier without getting complaints about a rat stalking around them." Naruto side eyed Mito and she wiggled her fingers in a smug wave. Naruto inwardly scowled and walked to Sasuke.
Bending to his ear, she whispered. "Pick her, and I resign."
Sasuke sighed. "It's not her Naruto. How many times must I say it?"
"She seems very confident your highness."
Sasuke sighed as Naruto stood and walked out saying a brief. "Preparations must keep on track." before leaving.

Kushina stared at Shinjiro and Itachi caught her eye. His eyebrow raised but a warning look to call Naruto back was strong in his coal eyes.

"You must tell me what Shinjiro means again Izumi."
Izumi frowned. She wasn't stupid, she knew Kushina didn't approve of them adopting a commoners child. But Shinjiro is a lovely, happy baby and they think of him as their own, she truly can't understand why Kushinas being so critical.
"It means pure and true."
"Did Naruto help pick out the name?"
"No. I've always wanted to name my son Shinjiro. Naruto suggested the name Namie if my son turned out to be a girl."
Kushina stopped picking her glass up, and looked at Izumi.
"Namie?" She glowered.
"Yes." Itachi took Shinjiro as Izumi got defensive. "She said it meant blessed."
"I know what it means." Kushinas eyes darkened and she stood. "Namie is a silly name."
"Naruto said it was what her cousin would've named her lost daughter. I think it's endearing she suggested such a meaningful name."
Kushina laughed and rolled her eyes. "Her cousin was a fool just like her mother. That's why they died and I'm still alive."
"You shouldn't talk about your family that way." Izumi gave her a look. "Maybe it was best the Uzumaki clan was brutally murdered, I could only imagine what the other members were like."
Kushina slammed her fist on the table and Naruto appeared with her gorgeous dagger in hand.
"I think you should go to your chamber now. It's best you don't stir things up with the only ally you have left."