Chapter 19

"Itachi, have you see Naruto? I know she's mad at Sasuke but he'll only listen to her when ill."
Itachi looked at his wife and smiled, "I'm sure she's gotten over her anger and is taking care of him right now."

Kushina scoffed, catching everyone's attention.

"Is something wrong Kushina?" Itachi asked, having expected the woman to act up.
"She would never "get over" such a thing just because that incompetent boy is ill."
The Sabakus watched as Itachis smile faded and his eyes became hard.
"Than obviously you do not know my knight Kushina. When it comes to Sasuke you'd be fairly surprised what she will bend for him."
She scowled again and stood, "The Uzumaki clan traditions are not to be tossed aside for a boy."
"Of course. You go through the loop holes to ruin your child's life and call it tradition as well than. But of course not for your youngest, seems you can't afford losing both of your children yes?"
Kushina slammed her fist into the table, breaking it in half. "You dare test my patience Itachi?!"
"I dare not Kushina. I'm simply stating the truth. When you yourself do not try to at least understand your child. She is here because of your stupidity and she will stay here until further discussion."

With that, Itachi stood and Izumi took his arm, not wanting to be in the room without him.

"I'm her mother Uchiha Itachi! You can never change that!"

Itachi slammed the door behind him and Izumi looked up worriedly. He never lost control this easy.

"I need to go find Naruto."
"Of course."

She frowned, watching her distressed husband walk down the corridor. Oblivious of where he was currently headed.

~~**~~

Itachi opened the door of the conference room where Kiba, Choji, Shisui and Naruto were engulfed by maps, books and other tracking gigots.
One of the maps was even marked with Sasukes possible routes with the men.

"What in the fuck are you all doing?"
The three men looked at Itachi but Naruto blatantly ignored him.
"We're trying to figure out where they could've gone your majesty." Kiba answered seeing no one else would.
"Aren't you supposed to trace his steps outside?!"
Kiba and Choji visibly tensed at Itachis sudden rage. Shisui and Naruto on the other hand didn't look affected from their work.
"The storm last night erased any steps on the road Itachi. And hundreds of people walk the streets on a daily basis. The only time we would've been able to "track his steps" was three hours after they abducted him. We are behind their movements by twelve hours now."

Itachi ran a hand through his hair and sat down.

"So what now? Your going to sit here while my brothers who knows where?!"
Naruto looked at Itachi, "Has something angered you Itachi? Usually your very rational even if it is Sasuke."
He slammed a fist into the table before slouching in his chair. "That woman is pissing me off."

"Kiba. Choji." Naruto lifted a hand toward the door. They gladly took the invitation to leave and run away from their majesty's unusual behavior.

When the door closed, Naruto leaned on the table with Shisui already rubbing his friends shoulder to hopefully calm him down.

"What did Kushina say?"
Apparently the moment Sasuke was taken, Naruto lost all formalities. Having no one to hide her true position from.
Itachi ran a hand down his face, "She said your tradition is no laughing matter. That you should not be over what Sasuke did just because he's ill."
Shisui looked at Naruto, expecting her to comfort Itachi, but of course, all she did was cross her arms.
"Over it is hardly the correct words. He's simply more important than some hair. Even if my clan would think of me as a disgrace."
"Will you go back to hating him if once he's back?" Shisui raised an eyebrow.
"Hate is also a hard word Shisui. I've spent eight years of my life watching over that fool, hate could never be a term I would use against Sasuke." She turned back to the maps. "Now. Shisui may I talk to Itachi alone?"
He narrowed his eyes suspiciously but nodded and walked out.

Itachi sat up, seeing it must be important if Shisui isn't allowed in the conversation. When the door clicked, Naruto didn't miss the sudden silence.

"We won't be able to track Sasuke down from the outside."
He sucked in a breath. "Than? I'm sure you already have something in mind to bring this issue up to me."
"Auctioning. We get Orochimaru to sell one of the knights."
"No." He immediately shut down.
"There's no other way Itachi. These men who took Sasuke have been in Amaterasu for quite some time, possibly even grew up here, to know Sasukes habits for escaping to a bar. They must've known a knight who wasn't reasonable to watch him was at the pub and that was their opportunity."
"I'm not sending one of my knights into the underworld to be tortured and sold to find my brother, we can do it some other way—"
"It's not a matter of whether you accept it Itachi. You want your brother back? Than you won't judge how we get him—"
"It's not a choice or agreement Naruto! I will not betray my soldiers to get my brother back!"
"Yet your so distressed about this Itachi! Any trace of them has been gone for days and we only had five more days to find Sasuke! Whether you want your brothers head on the front gates! I suggest you take my heed in this!"
"I trust you Naruto... but I will not risk my soldiers and kingdom to trust in orochimaru. Kami only knows what that man would do if we let him."
Naruto laid her hands on the table, certainly not backing down from her position and thought process. "I have thought of every outcome possible. These men are not stupid but they are childish and irrational. So which is it Itachi, one of your thousands of soldiers. Or your brother?"
Itachi pursed his lips, staring deeply into Narutos glowing eyes. "Do not make me choose Naruto. That is not a question I think I'll be able to answer correctly."

Naruto pushed off and walked toward Itachi.
"Than back down. Because in the end, I will be right and you will be wrong."