Chapter 14

Izumi stood and tried to pull Naruto into a comforting hug to calm her. But Naruto only shoved away from her arms and slammed the dining hall door behind her.

Itachi rubbed his temples and looked at their guests.

"My apologies for the inconvenience. It seems age has finally caught up with Naruto and Sasuke."
"Fuck that! I want my daughter. Now!"
"Kushina-"
"Don't KuShInA, me. We've been here for what? A month, maybe less and my daughter still acts like she's supposed to bow and be THAT FILTHY BOYS SERVANT!! She's a future queen and She's going "yes your majesty" "I have everything under control your majesty" "prince Sasuke is under the weather" "my apologies for not getting prince Sasuke up on time"! She's a princess! The ELDEST princess and rightful heiress to the Wind kingdom!! You've played these games too long Itachi! I want my daughter back!"

Itachi clenched his fists, obviously finding it hard to calm his nerves before he explode at the Winds' Queen. "That is not my decision Kushina."
"Like hell it isn't! Strip her of that Commander status and-"
"And what Kushina? Kick her out of Fire territory? Let you take her back to the Wind?"
"Yes!"

Itachi stood and grabbed his little brothers arm. He forced Sasuke to his feet before looking back at Kushina.

"When I first found Naruto I was going to tell you, realizing who she was by her comparison toward Minato. But she begged me not to Kushina, do you know why? Why your beloved daughter begged me not to tell you. It's because she knew the ending if she went back to you.
So no Kushina, I will not take my soldiers well deserved title away from her and pawn her off just for your happiness. If I did I would be no better than my brother who treats Naruto like she is what she was raised for. A soldier, a protector to the crown and royal family."

With that said, Itachi escorted his family out of the dining hall and Kushina slammed her fist against the table, effectively breaking it.

Outside the door Itachi was still pulling Sasuke along.

"Itachi. Itachi let go of me."
Itachi released his brother only for said younger highness to stumble at the unexpected freedom.
"When you see Naruto again I expect you to bow your head and apologize. Sincerely. Naruto will be able to tell if your lying."
"Wha?" Sasuke clenched his fist in utter disbelief, "Why? Like you said she is a soldier-"
"A well respected soldier and an individual who will turn out much more powerful than you when the time comes. Without Naruto you will quickly realize you will not be able to do half of the things you usually do with her by your side. Apologize. That is not a suggestion Uchiha Sasuke, I am demanding you to apologize to the only person who can put up with your incompetence."

Izumi grabbed a hold of Itachis hand as he walked away from his brother. Sasuke tch'ed and clenched onto his sword handle as a few of the guards passing gave him curious and confused glances.

~~**~~

By lunch the whole palace had heard what had happened... and it was safe to say the soldiers under Naruto were fully on her side.
Sai had even taken over being Sasukes personal guard just so Naruto wouldn't have to be beside the prince.

Butlers and maids watched as Sasuke trotted through the corridors and Sai was only a few feet away from him. Their clothes seemed to ruffle together at the same time and Sais sheath kept clinching against his metal shin guards like a warning just so Sasuke wouldn't try to run away.

To say this two hour puppy following was pissing Sasuke off was an understatement.

"Would you leave me the fuck alone?! You have work to do and it isn't following me like a puppy!" Sasuke unleashed against Sai.
The pale knight stared at Sasuke with uncomfortably blank eyes.