Chapter 45

Naruto walked into Sasukes chamber a few days later and saw him half buried through his clothes in the wardrobe.
She walked up and kicked his ass. Sasuke jumped as she opened the dark curtains.

"Naruto has anyone been in my room?"
She looked back at him. "Not that I know of. Why?"
"Because my rings lost. I had it in my coats pocket but it's not there."

Naruto looked back to see Sasuke was very terribly hiding how much he was freaking out.

"One of the maids must've taken the coat the ring was in. Calm down."
"They never take my clean clothes." He grumbled. "Someone was in my room."
Naruto ran a hand through her hair. "Better find that ring, without it your going to have one uncomfortable engagement."
"Wha? Your not going to help me look for it?"
Naruto shook her head. "I have the Winter Festival to arrange. With half of my knights gone, I don't have half the free time I did to help."
Sasuke frowned and grabbed Narutos hand. "It's really important Naruto. That ring is the one thing I actually care is taken. If you see anyone with it please tell me."
Naruto gripped Sasukes should reassuringly. "Ask around. Maybe even ask your brother for help."
"He doesn't agree with who I fancy Naruto."
"Do you really think that or are the nerves getting to you?"
Sasuke didn't answer.
"Use your mind Sasuke. You'll be amazed what'll happen if you use it."
He did a sarcastic "hahaha" as Naruto walked out and left him in his chambers alone.

Sasuke checked his coats again before swiftly speed walking toward the dining hall.
He opened the door to successfully catch everyone's attention. He walked over to his brother, Shisui, Obito and Izumi.

"Have you seen anyone with an engagement ring on?" He whispered.
The four of them looked at him confused.
"What type of engagement ring?" Obito asked.

Sakura quickly looked down at her food, knowing her face would give away the panic gnawing at her.
No one noticed.

"It has a red gem with a gold band." He explained. "It's small too."
"Yes her fingers are quite small." Itachi hummed. He looked at his brother. "How'd you lose it?"
"I didn't." Sasuke hissed. "Someone was in my room. It was hidden in my coats pocket in the closet."
"Well maybe the maids—"
"No. They don't take my clean clothes.. plus I already asked."
Itachi glanced at the Namikazes who looked confused. He sighed.
"Maybe one of the two women took it."
"Why would they do that?" Izumi asked.
"Jealously?" The four men guessed with no beat skipped.
"There was no jealousy when Itachi proposed to me."
"Yes there was." The two pairs of brothers stated.
She pouted.
"Believe it or not sister-in-law but you are very gorgeous.. and so is Itachi."
"I'm handsome."
Izumi blushed at the compliment Sasuke gave her. He's never given her a compliment before.
"Either way Itachi." Obito stated.
"We're getting off track." Sasuke sighed.
"Why don't you just give the girl your going to propose to a simple gold band. For your wedding you give her the ring your looking for and mend them." Shisui suggested.
Sasuke frowned. "I still need the ring though."

"What ring?"
The five Uchihas looked to see Minato having walked up to them. Sasuke sighed and told him seeing it's his daughter he'll be asking to marry.
"Someone stole my engagement ring." He whispered.
Minato looked surprised. "Did you hide it well?"
"I thought I did." Sasuke grumbled.
"Sasuke you've had the same hiding spot for twelve years. It's surprising no one else found it sooner." Sasuke glared at his brother.
"No one except people really close to me know that I always hide things there."
"Well... who's really close to you that they know you hide crap in your closet like a little child?"
"Fuck off Obito."
"I'm only saying." He defended.
Sasuke sighed. "Itachi, Izumi, Shisui, Naruto... that seems about it."
"Well I was talking to you a few days ago." Itachi stated.
"Obito and I were heading back to the palace until late last night." Shisui reminded.
Sasuke looked at Izumi. "I had Shinjiro the whole time!"
"That leaves Naruto." Itachi stated. "Do you know where she is Minato?"
He shook his head. "I haven't seen her since the incident with Kushina."
"I know where she is."

Sasuke left the dining hall and Sakura let out a shaky breath of relief.

'That was close' She glanced at her parents than at the box between her breasts, tucked inside her corset.

"Naruto!" Sasuke shouted from below the ladder naruto was on.
She looked down and held the blue and white banners until Hinata tied them securely. Sliding down the sides, Naruto turned to Sasuke.
"Were you in my chamber alone a few days ago or yesterday?" He asked.
"No."
Sasuke clenched his fists at how easily Naruto lied. She even looked sincere.
"I know your lying. Your one of the few who knows I'm childish enough to hide things in my closet."
Naruto rolled her eyes. "I wasn't in your chambers Sasuke.... that doesn't mean I don't know who took your ring though."
"Who?!"
Naruto ran a hand through her hair and leaned a hip on the ladder. "You have two engagement rings. Does one going missing really matter?"
Sasuke growled. He was beyond pissed.

Sasuke grabbed Narutos collar and pushed her close against him.

"I'm not fucking around Uzumaki. Who the hell took my ring?"
"Which one?"
"The red one! The one I took your opinion on! That fucking one!"
"Then why do you have my grandmothers ring?"
'Grandmother?' "That doesn't matter. I want my ring back."
Naruto looked at him disinterested and shoved his hand from her sweater. "A little birdie took it and I told her where the ring would be. I'm not sorry for what I did."
"That's my ring!"
"You have my grandmothers ring. Just let her keep it for kamis sake."
Naruto moved the ladder and began to climb up it. Sasuke grabbed her sweater and pulled her back to the ground.
"Who. took. my. ring?"
"Tell me. why you need. two. rings."
"That's not any of your fucking business!"
"Than neither is who took the thing."
Naruto went to climb up the ladder again but Sasuke forced her to stay on the ground. She looked at him annoyed.
"I have more important things to worry about than your damn ring Sasuke."
"Tell me who took it."
"Tell me why it matters."
"You know exactly why!"
"You already have an engagement ring. Rub salt into the Namikazes wounds by proposing with their ring."
Sasuke grabbed Narutos hips and shoved her against the wall.

He hadn't imagined he'd be doing this hot action for a damn ring and not be thinking about kissing Naruto.

"Your grandmothers ring isn't the ring I'm proposing with. It's the other ring I'm proposing with."
"Either rings fine."
Sasuke kept Naruto against the pole. "That fucking ring I chose matches the woman I want to marry Naruto. Now please, for the love of kami, tell me who you let take my damn ring."
She grabbed his biceps and squeezed them gently. Sasuke felt tingles running through his spine as Naruto pushed her body on his, turned them and pinned him to the wall.
He shuddered, feeling her breath on the skin of his neck.
"Sakura took it. I don't know where she's keeping it though so don't ask me."
He closed his eyes at the feeling of her lips moving on his skin. "... Thanks."

Naruto moved back and grabbed the ladder. Sasuke felt his heart skipping beat after beat.

'Holy shit'