Chapter 22

Clank.... Clink.... Creak...

Naruto looked up as Kabuto entered the dimmed dungeon and sat the candle on the damp floor.
She waited as Kabuto unlocked the shackles from her wrists and helped her stand on dead legs.

"How long have I been down here?"
"Five days. The other toys you'll be joining have been down here for much much longer so be happy."
"Yeah, I'm ecstatic."

Naruto heard the rattling of the chains before they were clamped back onto her wrists and locked once more.

"Don't talk, don't move unless forced to, and most importantly..." Naruto looked up at Kabuto, expecting the rest of his sentence, "don't look up. Your property not a human being."
She gave one sharp nod, "Of course."

Kabuto knelt and shackled Narutos ankles before leading her out of the cell.

It took multiple flights of stairs and many cries coming their way, for the two to reach the first floor.
He grabbed the back of Narutos arm and led her, roughly, to where the others were being kept. Naruto was sat with the small group of women and few men.

The group was filled with dark haired people. She stuck out with her blonde hair that was dirtied and had pieces of dried blood.
From all of the merchandise, Narutos wounds were the freshest. Seeing orochimaru had only beaten them into her flesh a few days prior.

Once Kabuto had shut the door, eery silence and darkness filled the large space. Leaving them all to focus on sounds that wouldn't pierce through the now locked door.
She had no room to internally panic as the female next to her rocked back and forth like a mentally ill patient.

On the other end, Kabuto had just joined Orochimaru who was observing each of their guests for the ones Naruto had profiled.

"What's your name?"
"Earl."

Kabuto looked up at his husband confused, "We have Wind natives at auctions now?"
"No."

"I'm sorry, but your name is not on our list."

"If they fight with Leo on your "list". Those are the men your looking for. Their not used to being told no and held at a high rank for whatever their job is and-or used to be."

"What the fuck do you mean not on your list? This isn't a fucking party or are you just that stupid you fucking tard."

"Those are our men."
Kabuto nodded and orochimaru walked up as the unimportant list was snatched from Leo's hands and snapped over the Chad looking man's leg. The two behind him looked ready to start a brawl too.

"Is there a problem here."
Earl glared at orochimaru, oblivious to whom the snake-like man was. "And who the fuck are you? Another butler?"
Orochimaru raised his nose, showing a bit of dominance. Than, narrowed his golden eyes, "I am the owner of this mansion and the man hosting the auction. Now, is there a problem or will I have to get an escort to throw you on the ground?"

"Earl that's Orochimaru. He's in league with that General girl for that damned king."
Earl shrugged Darren off and looked orochimaru up and down. Indeed he was wearing an expensive suit for only the luxurious of the lot.
He tch'ed before attempting a unheartedly apology, "Sorry. My bad."
Orochimaru hummed, unamused by the man's actions. "New to the underworld?"
"Are we allowed in?" He questioned instead.
He complied and moved Leo aside with them. Than leaned toward the boys ear, "Tell me if they attempt to steal anything."
"O-of course Lord Orochimaru."

The three men sat in the back row, standing out like a sore thumb for their scrappy clothing and untidied looks.
Earl snarled whenever a well dressed woman or man (anyone else) looked their way. It was obvious they didn't belong here, and orochimaru almost never let a lower class come to his auctions.